DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interesting observation...

tomnjfl

Reactions
So I noticed yesterday that three of DJI's headline presenters at the Mavic Pro launch event and obviously carefully selected YouTube influencers are all not using their Mavic Pros any more.

Casey Neistat "lost" his about a week ago and never explained what happened.

iJustine is using her Phantom 4 and just said "I tried to fly my Mavic Pro in some wind" but never explains what happened to it.

Jon Olson got TWO Mavic Pros and somehow continues to be seen using his Phanton 4 in his recent videos.

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist or anything but I'm sure these guys all have an agreement with DJI where they can't bash the drone. But what happened to all their Mavic Pros?

That is interesting, hopefully it is due to something else, otherwise DJI will have lots of returns and order cancellations to deal with.

So I noticed yesterday that three of DJI's headline presenters at the Mavic Pro launch event and obviously carefully selected YouTube influencers are all not using their Mavic Pros any more.

Casey Neistat "lost" his about a week ago and never explained what happened.

iJustine is using her Phantom 4 and just said "I tried to fly my Mavic Pro in some wind" but never explains what happened to it.

Jon Olson got TWO Mavic Pros and somehow continues to be seen using his Phanton 4 in his recent videos.

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist or anything but I'm sure these guys all have an agreement with DJI where they can't bash the drone. But what happened to all their Mavic Pros?
That's interesting. Not trying to start any rumors. I'm just pulling this out of thin air but the first thing that came to my mind was battery issues since that is often a big issue these days, i.e. exploding batteries in laptops, hover boards, and phones like the recent Samsung. I mean. What would be worse and more costly than a mass delay.... how about a mass recall.

The recent email from DJI says the delay is from the global demand. I'm not buying that. They have always said they were going to ship on a first come first serve basis. So, why delay ALL shipments until November. Why not ship out what they have now? Something is going on.

Reactions: SZNJ732
It seems like the Gopro Karma is going to beat the Mavic to the market, it gets released this Sunday! Come on DJI!

It seems like the Gopro Karma is going to beat the Mavic to the market, it gets released this Sunday! Come on DJI!
I kinda think that would be great. Don't get me wrong, I ordered the Mavic. But, we need other companies like GoPro to be successful and competitive. It keeps DJI on there toes. When there is competition it forces DJI to come out with amazing products like the Mavic.

I just watched the most recent video on iJustine (see below). She starts off saying "I'm a little dostaught because YESTERDAY I TRIED to fly my Mavic." then does some poor editing. Then says she is flying her TODAY because of extreme wind conditions. I call [EXPLETIVE REMOVED]. First, the Mavic has proven its as good possibly even better than the P4 in wind. Second, look at the palm trees in the videos. Barely any wind at all! She even has several close ups of the P4 just a few feet about some palm trees... almost zero wind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mike_Flys
I kinda think that would be great. Don't get me wrong, I ordered the Mavic. But, we need other companies like GoPro to be successful and competitive. It keeps DJI on there toes. When there is competition it forces DJI to come out with amazing products like the Mavic.

This may seem odd, but I don't see the Karma and Mavic as direct competitors. The Karma is for a totally different user. Sure it's a drone, but it's more for someone looking for more of an all-in-one filming package. While the Mavic's portability is it's killer feature (in my opinion), the Karma is an action cam, and 4K capable drone, and a handheld stabilizer...which is amazing in its own way.

I don't know how it works with drones but I do know that with a lot of reviewers for electronic devices after they review the items they have to return them, especially if they are pre-production models.

I don't know how it works with drones but I do know that with a lot of reviewers for electronic devices after they review the items they have to return them, especially if they are pre-production models.

Casey Neistat clearly says he "lost" his.
Olson still talks about it, but never uses it.
And iJustine clearly says she still has hers, but didn't fly it because of wind....wind which is nowhere to be seen in the video she made with her Phantom.

Something's up...

She clearly still has it.

I wonder if DJI found a problem and asked all these testers to ground their birds until they resolve it?

It's a new product. I for one will be buying the DJI $99 insurance to make sure that while any issues are being worked out I'm not left out in the cold...

I noticed the Olsson too wasn't using his, and never mentions it anymore. He's on a boat right now, the perfect place to take the mavic but he's still using the P4 Hmm......

OR, the units had to be returned after a certain amount of time.

I have been on beta tests before for hardware and it had to be returned once the testing was completed.

Too many rumors and too many assumptions in too many threads. Too bad they cant all be combined into one.

I still fly mine. Weather is a factor. In Tahoe we had sustained winds to 30 with gusts to 60. You may want to sacrifice your craft to that but I do not. iJustine stated she had a similar situation. I talked to Blade and Barry Blanchard and we all have had similar situations.

I still fly mine. Weather is a factor. In Tahoe we had sustained winds to 30 with gusts to 60. You may want to sacrifice your craft to that but I do not. iJustine stated she had a similar situation. I talked to Blade and Barry Blanchard and we all have had similar situations.
You still fly yours?? How did you get a Mavic? Are you reviewing it? Would love to see your review if you have done one!!

He works for them...as such his review would not pass much journalistic muster. Ed manages to be pretty helpful [and extraordinarily patient] nonetheless.
That's awesome that we have DJI representation on this forum!

So, how does one actually know the wind speed and when it's not safe to fly? I flew my P3A off the cliffs of Sydney over the ocean with winds that kind of scared me but was shocked at how well it handled it. I don't have any idea how fast the wind was blowing though....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake