DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intermittent controller failure

scoobie77

Reactions
I flew my Mavic 2 Pro last night without incident. This morning, on a job, the controller would not connect with the Mavic. It would appear to try, but the chirp never came and it would cut off in a few seconds. I tried from two different locations with the same result. I came home and tried it again and had no problem connecting. So what's happening? The job was at a salvage yard with lots of metal around, though none within a 30-foot radius. There is a strong electro-magnet on the premises, but it was at least 100 yards away. I can't figure what it might be. Any ideas?

Hi scoobie77,
I have no expierence in this particular matter, but as it connected at home with no obvious problem, it is highly suspicious that the salvage yard, the metal and the magnet has something to do with it.

Never heard about connections issues in the first place, but I once took of close to a small substation and had some warnings about calibration too.
If you can, try it out once more and see, if it was just coincidence or due to the premise.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent