DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

INTERNAL STORAGE AND SD CARD

Richlizard

Reactions
One of the things that persuaded me to purchase a Mavic Air was the Asteroid mode. I thought it would be great when I am out with the dog to get a shot of us together that turns into a little planet.

So off we trotted yesterday with little knowledge of how this thing works but in a field in the middle of other fields I felt safe. It was my last day of 'custody' so wanted to get it done before handing the pup over to the ex.

I found loads of 32GB SD cards from my old days of flying. Unfortunately when I went looking for the footage on the SD card, I had a couple of 5 second videos and no images at all. So clearly no asteroid video which was a real shame. I then read up that the SD card needs to be a U3 card and mine was a U1 card. So I have ordered a card and will no doubt have loads more questions next time I attempt the asteroid and mess up again.

But meantime I realise that there is actually an 8GB internal storage so why not try using that? I wanted first to test I could get video and images function working on the drone and then work out how to copy it over. So I took it to the garden with phone attached and pressed 'record' a few times and then the camera button (both on the remote). Each time the view on the camera did exactly what I expected with gong and click sounds.

First of all I wanted to play back on the phone so I tried to press the playback button but it wasn't alive. Greyed out sort of thing.

So I then plugged the drone into the laptop and navigated to DCIM where I expected to see all the videos and images... NOTHING!

I then went to the phone and found one video but no images at all.

I am beginning to think I have made a huge mistake with this purchase as nothing seems to be working correctly even though I have watched dozens of videos on every subject.

Can anyone throw any light on things?

ps I formatted internal memory using DJI GO but doesn't seem to have made any difference. No videos showing on laptop. And not much showing on phone.

UPDATE

For anyone else dumb enough to format and then not reboot everything... doing that worked.

So now I am wondering if I could actually do my Asteroid shot on internal storage instead of the dozen different SD cards I have ordered :D

Will report back!

In my time at a telephone support, we used to call this "Error 99". In case a customer called and was to stupid not to understand simple directions, we refered to one of our very patient colleagues, telling the customer: "You have an error 99 problem, I'll pass you on to our expert on that!"

Always better then telling the customer, that the problem was in front of the computer.

I tried this on my SD card though it would only do it at 1080p, I haven't colour graded it yet so it's just raw flat profile so excuse it's dullness but it came out well:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun