DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

International Travel

Snoweman

Reactions
Has anyone flown into the US with their Mavic in their bag? I'm wondering how the new enhanced screening goes with a Mavic (or any drone for that matter).

I've flown out of the US to Medellin , Colombia. Batteries in carry on and drone and remote in checked bags. I was not asked one question about it. Won't be back into US until 08/02. Guess I will find out then.

I took my Mavic with its case and three batteries to Paris and then Lake Como, Italy in June in my carry on luggage. Only upon leaving Paris was I asked to remove it from the case and place all of the components into a bin by itself. In all other instances it never left the case. No questions or problems from the TSA or anyone in Italy upon leaving to return to the US. I do have TSA Pre and Global Entry but I doubt that matters.

BTW - I also flew the drone everywhere I went. No questions or problems (other than curious tourists) and I flew it around a lot of folks. A couple of times there were helicopters around and sea planes landing on the lake. I just kept my distance.....

My buddy owns a kayaking business in Bellagio. Here's a link to the video I made for him. You professional guys take it easy on me OK? Thanks.

Last edited:
Same with me. Nothing special in the US. But in Amsterdam they made me take everything out and separate everything (cables, batteries, drone) in one of the trays. Other than that, they didn't give the whole mess a second look.

Coming back from Medellin, Colombia to Tampa , Florida not one question about my Mavic either Leaving Medellin or Arriving in Tampa.

Did you have to take it out of your bag? If so, did you have to take out the remote and batteries?

I wasn't asked to do anything . Drone was in case in checked bag with remote. Battries in carry on bag in lipo safe bag.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121