DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing Dronelink

dronelink

Reactions
Hey everyone,

I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted, but I’ve been heads-down working on my next project called Dronelink.

Dronelink is an entirely new approach to flight automation, and we are looking for beta testers on iOS, Android, and the web. This is a great opportunity for you to influence our product roadmap, and we would love your feedback. You can join the beta now, and our public launch is scheduled for later this year.

For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Jim McAndrew and I am a software architect and drone enthusiast from Austin, Texas. My passion for creating drone software started in 2014 with Autopilot, the first app for DJI drones in the iOS App Store. After Autopilot I cofounded Hangar and served as CTO until mid 2018. Since then I have been working hard to create Dronelink - the culmination of five years of experience and lessons learned. To those of you who have supported me along the way, thank you.

I look forward to creating the future of flight automation with you.

-Jim

Jim,

I really like what I see as a Beta tester. I know you guys have a ways to go to get it fleshed out and the documentation written along the way but the foundation looks very flexible and powerful.

I took a chance yesterday and flew two short missions. The Mavic2P I used flew the missions as designed, and flew manually just fine using the app. Always nice to see them come back to where you expect!

Some things didn't go as expected but much of that is probably me learning the interface, without the complete manual available.

So far I am impressed and looking forward to further developments.

Greg

Thank you for being an Approved Vendor on our forum :)

@dronelink thanks for being available here. So far I really like the overall concept there are a few suggestions I have and I have been trying to log into the beta area but it will not allow me to log in. It says I need to enable cookies but I do have cookies enabled and can even see where both zendesk and dronelink have deposited the cookies on my device. Any ideas?78342
I removed my email as to not expose it to the forum but even when it is entered it still won’t let me in

Can you try it in Chrome? This may be a bug with our support portal provider (Zendesk).

Are you still working on web page it came but cant login

Are you referring to the cookies issue above? If so, have you tried it in Chrome?
I tried chrome but now it says my username and password are incorrect and when I hit the reset password thing it doesn’t send me an email which makes me wonder do I need to make a separate account for the forum then my account I use to login dronelink?

I got everything up and running in android fine there 2 parts to this the app and web app. The part I was referring to was your web page on computer had hard time trying to login went to forum and login there the main page login does not load just blank page

I got everything up and running in android fine there 2 parts to this the app and web app. The part I was referring to was your web page on computer had hard time trying to login went to forum and login there the main page login does not load just blank page
Excellent app very impressive you will have to have pdf guide of some sort there are just too many diff adjustments. Will you try to have some type of hub for computer for setups? Doing it on a phone or tablet too small for precision settings.

Flew two more mission several times this evening making some adjustment on the fly. The M2P flew just as the mission were laid out. I don't usually start a mission on the ground, but did today and they launched just fine, climbing to the Approach altitude before moving horizontally.

It is powerful and flexible program. The more I get in to it the more impressed I am. There is much yet for me to learn and more for DL to implement as the Beta matures.

Those starting out are well advised to watch the tutorial (more to come I am told) and spend time reviewing the examples on the Public Repositories. It really helps to use the Preview function and scrub along the timeline getting your head around what each Component is doing as the mission progresses.

Fun and useful at the same time; what more could we ask for.

Flew two more mission several times this evening making some adjustment on the fly. The M2P flew just as the mission were laid out. I don't usually start a mission on the ground, but did today and they launched just fine, climbing to the Approach altitude before moving horizontally.

It is powerful and flexible program. The more I get in to it the more impressed I am. There is much yet for me to learn and more for DL to implement as the Beta matures.

Those starting out are well advised to watch the tutorial (more to come I am told) and spend time reviewing the examples on the Public Repositories. It really helps to use the Preview function and scrub along the timeline getting your head around what each Component is doing as the mission progresses.

Fun and useful at the same time; what more could we ask for.

Glad to hear it. Keep pushing it. Your feedback so far has been great. As you create components or missions that you think would be useful for other members, please share them with us and we'll highlight them.

g
Hey everyone,

I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted, but I’ve been heads-down working on my next project called Dronelink.

Dronelink is an entirely new approach to flight automation, and we are looking for beta testers on iOS, Android, and the web. This is a great opportunity for you to influence our product roadmap, and we would love your feedback. You can join the beta now, and our public launch is scheduled for later this year.

For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Jim McAndrew and I am a software architect and drone enthusiast from Austin, Texas. My passion for creating drone software started in 2014 with Autopilot, the first app for DJI drones in the iOS App Store. After Autopilot I cofounded Hangar and served as CTO until mid 2018. Since then I have been working hard to create Dronelink - the culmination of five years of experience and lessons learned. To those of you who have supported me along the way, thank you.

I look forward to creating the future of flight automation with you.

-Jim
Hi dronelink are you still supporting Autopilot to support Mavic 2 ? thanks for any info

I created an account and had a brief look at the webinterface and app. I like the concept very much! However I was not able to test much due to app crash. Samsung S7. Will definitely follow this.

Tried signing up. Had to disable content blockers on iOS safari. Tried again. Said I was registered. Tried signing in then, and I get a spinning circle. Don’t use chrome and won’t install it. Didn’t get an confirmation email either despite saying account was created. I’m stuck. Any ideas?

Reactions: Papa007
I was not able to test much due to app crash. Samsung S7.
DId you download the app from the Google Play store or via the direct download (APK)? The direct download should correct the issue.

Tried signing in then, and I get a spinning circle. Don’t use chrome and won’t install it. Didn’t get an confirmation email either despite saying account was created. I’m stuck. Any ideas?
You won't be able to sign in until you verify the email. It is possible you accidentally put the wrong email address in. You can either try registering again to make sure, or submit a direct support request with your account details so we can check.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada