DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing the new Cyclone Antenna System

TitanDronesInc

Reactions
0de92090f5d94f61abc22b66ca175c7d.jpg

Titan Drones, Inc.

Check their website for all the details. From what I've read, they are great... expensive, but great. Not only helps with range but with "penetration" in dense or WiFi congested areas.

I'm thinking of getting one for my P4P+ to use in my back-porch ground station. :cool:

19657244_1361947770587936_7432670611042782946_n.jpg

How far will mavic go with this?

for the Mavic we've had 18,500 ft one way stock, 33,576 ft with a 5000 mah battery mod, 26,500 ft with a smaller battery mod. In congested industrial park area we went from 6600ft stock to 11,800ft. So far it's doing great. The beam width is at 45 degrees as well so although it's still directional it's a little easier to stay oriented at the craft

What kind of range increase on a phantom 3 pro?

I'll let you know shortly. Had to get a stock rc to do a fair comparison

I have a spare macic controller you can modify and test if you need one. Just want it back when done so I can perhaps use it.

I decided to move my review here since this directly relates to the new Cyclone Antenna. I hate when content is barried all over forums out of topic..... If anyone is interested this is my First ever attempt at modding and a have a Huge 20 flights under my belt so use this info at your own discretion. To me, it would seem somewhat valuable since if I can do it, it Can't be all that hard. Package arrive within 3 days of order! Good start. Clean and organized packaging. Would have liked to see some type of paper instruction if at the least to remind me where the videos were on the net. Minor detail but I am sharing my view. Install was intimidating to start but I must say their YouTube video was by far the best I have seen for Any install/repair. Great filming, perfect detailed explanation, and a slow pace anyone can follow. Was Incredibly easy. Anyone that can slowly work a screwdriver and has a generally steady hand can do this! It is spooky cracking open this beautiful new toy but you get over it quick. Lol. Factory antennas came out perfectly with no damage. Could easily return to stock if I wished though I don't see why you would? I did also opt for the whip antenna option for local short flying. Below are images of how it looks with my current setup. I use the iPad 4 as my display so that is what is shown. Can't comment on phones or other but with the iPad the weight balance is almost perfectly centered on the Mavic remote. I trying to take a picture of me balancing it with my fingers but no go on getting that picture so you'll just have to trust me.?. Doesn't feel to heavy but remember I am New to this hobby so others may think otherwise. Fit and finish is absolutely beautiful. The parts appear to be clean cut laser and every detail looks well thought out. For now, I will show off some pics of how far I got mechanically. Tomorrow I will make a few test runs to see if its just pretty or improves my stock results. (based on My area!) I will have a second post (Hopefully much shorter) after my flight data review. As noted before, I live in a dense area so my results will Not impress most. My record stock flight is only 1950 feet before completely loosing signal. I wish I had a corn field near by but not many in my area of Chicago...lol

Time to take apart my brand new toy.
IMG_8751.jpg

IMG_8754.jpg

IMG_8753.jpg

IMG_8752.jpg

IMG_8755.jpg
Impressed with how balanced the setup is.
IMG_8758.jpg

As promised my first of several test updates on this antenna mod. Let me first start with a reminder disclaimer! I am a complete newbie to the drone world with a whopping 21 now flights under my belt. lol Second and Most importantly, I am Not looking to impress anyone with my achievements or reporting ability. I am in a Really crappy area with intense mature tree cover and wifi up the wazoo! As mentioned before my Record is a pathetic 1950 feet (plus minus 25') depending on how daring I wanted to get with this expensive toy! After that point, both HD signal and transmitter logo (thing?) would go to no bars and RTH would activate while I clenched my butt cheeks. I promise most will Not be impressed with my area results but here they are! First note, I still haven't figured out how you guys take those awesome screen captures or vids so I did my best to iPad double button capture which I am sure is not right?? This first flight was simply to remain a man of my word to fly today. However, I need to do more testing later or tomorrow because from take off to flight I was constantly getting the "Extreme Wind Warning" so my confidence was Extremely cautious to go outside my lack of knowledge comfort zone!! First flight was Exactly the same as the one I do each time. 390 feet elevation Straight north. No deviation and from my 2 story home back yard. While not impressive to some I made it to 3941 feet with virtually the same signal I had the entire trip. For me, that is over Double the distance I was ever able to go so color me impressed so far. Again, not much to write home about but double anything in life is good by most standards. I feel fairly confident I can (and Will) go much further in the days to come but with the drone flying virtually sideways in the wind I just didn't have the marbles to test my lack of flying skills on this day! In closing, for visual my area (Chicago burbs area) I am flying from a mature heavily wooded area with trees roughly 125 plus feet in height. Older neighborhood with above ground power lines across the entire grid including my take off yard. Hope this helps someone, I will answer what I know if asked.

Screen capture straight north with insane wind warnings. Test 1
IMG_0010.PNG

Thank you very much for the anxiously awaited test results. Doubling your range sounds pretty convincing to me. Would you be willing to try another comparison in a more open area using the whips vs. the Cyclone? That would speak volumes as well.

Thank you very much for the anxiously awaited test results. Doubling your range sounds pretty convincing to me. Would you be willing to try another comparison in a more open area using the whips vs. the Cyclone? That would speak volumes as well.
Absolutely! For my own use I plan to test all of the configurations including the whips setup. As for the long range test. It may take me a week or so to make that commitment since my family hours are scarce and from where I live an open environment like that would be a fair drive away. I Will however be doing that soon as I Love to push things just short (hopefully) to failure. Again, for my personal interest not to impress or compete with anyone else's results. Must say I wasn't actually expecting much from this gadget upgrade but it has so far proven to be viable for my situation. I will continue updates as long as there is interest.

Thanks for your response! I'm getting ready to order one for my P3P and was waiting for real world observations. Looking forward to further testing, if I can wait that long :)

Looks great! based on your signal strength and video strength, if you didn't have winds, I think you could have easily gone further. Thanks for the test! I think the Cyclone is a worthwhile upgrade.

I'll let you know shortly. Had to get a stock rc to do a fair comparison

This is what I use on my P3P, doubled the range from stock, could have gone farther ( Didn't have the canasters! ) No loss of video signal, Circular Polar, around
$189 USD with the clean install kit,

Well, I couldn't wait. Based on my conversations with James and what I've seen here, I ordered the Cyclone for my P3P. The Cyclone is circularly polarized which is better for penetration, my main issue. I had considered the Conquer, but taking the size and characteristics of linearly polarized antennas into consideration, I thought this would be the way to go. I also purchased the whips to go with it. I just published a test using Airdata UAV to compare stock vs. Wind Jammers, I'll do the same with the new ones ASAP.

Reactions: rotor
This is what I use on my P3P, doubled the range from stock, could have gone farther ( Didn't have the canasters! ) No loss of video signal, Circular Polar, around
$189 USD with the clean install kit,

7b9c3a6cc9b667419408a209114cbab4.jpg

Here is our circular polarized non amped only $129 :)

Reactions: scottebay
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+