DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing the Penna Sling Bag, designed specifically for Mavic!

PennaDesign

Reactions
Hello ladies and gents!

It's nice to meet fellow Mavic pilots on this forum, first let me introduce ourselves. My name is Howard and I'm one of the founders of Penna Design, our team is made of up several drone pilots who love flying our drones. I owned an Inspire 1 and a Mavic Pro.

We've founded Penna Design aiming to design and produce practical and stylish accessories for drones, more specifically for DJI drones because they're the market leader right now.

Our motto is "Designed for pilots, by pilots".

We've just launched our first kickstarter campaign, the Penna Sling Bag, a "companion bag" we call it, designed specifically to carry and protect your Mavic while you carry it out on a trip.

22f66cf89b04212e13cbd2f6e8fd97cf_original.jpg

Here's the link to our campaign, please feel free to take a look and share with us your thoughts and comments!

Penna Sling Bag, designed specifically for DJI Mavic.

Again it's a pleasure to finally become a member of the Drone Pilots network!

Reactions: Quag79 and dirkclod
Welcome to our forum and good luck with your campaign,.
Nice tote .

Reactions: Montypaks
Nice looking bag, good luck.

Thanks gjaleman and CamoGreg.

Gialeman, we also know that there're plenty of larger backpacks and hard cases out there that you can fit a drone in it, ours is steered towards the light weight and stylish side of the spectrum.

When I was travelling in Okinawa I drove around with a rented car, but to get to the point of interest where I'd like to fly my drone there's often a last 1-2 mile walking and/or hiking required from where I park my car, this bag would be ideal for such scenario.

If project is on, how much do you think sell it ?

Last edited:
If project is on, how much do you think sell it ?

You mean after the kickstarter campaign? The full retail price is expected at US$199 (shipping included in the U.S.), right now during the kickstarter campaign it's listed at a discount.

Can you build something like this - a strapped hat or helmet with a takeoff pad on top? The idea is to have Mavic for takeoff at any second. With legs unfolded. And a chest or waist bag for the RC with a phone or tablet in the arms. Reach up to turn on the Mavic and release the retainer, pull the RC from the fanny pack, BOOM! - ready for action in 10 seconds! Takeoff only, hand catching for landing.

30ws7qr.jpg

Reactions: colinfowler
Can you build something like this - a strapped hat or helmet with a takeoff pad on top? The idea is to have Mavic for takeoff at any second. With legs unfolded. And a chest or waist bag for the RC with a phone or tablet in the arms. Reach up to turn on the Mavic and release the retainer, pull the RC from the fanny pack, BOOM! - ready for action in 10 seconds! Takeoff only, hand catching for landing.

View attachment 24748
Seriously, the Mavic's props are sitting so low compared to the Phantom, any slight movement on your head when you land the drone, or any mistake when you try to land the drone, and you may end up flying the drone straight into your head... or worse your neck?

I don't think it's a good idea buddy...

Looks interesting, but I wonder if there is room for a CrystalSky monitor and a landing pad such as the one in the video we see the Mavic launched from?

Looks interesting, but I wonder if there is room for a CrystalSky monitor and a landing pad such as the one in the video we see the Mavic launched from?
Yes we've designed a side pouch to store a tablet about the size of an iPad Mini so you can definitely fit a CrystalSky monitor in it. As for the landing pad, it depends on the final size after it's been folded up. One of our stretch goals is to include the landing pad, we may make this foldable landing pad available separately in the soon future.

As for the landing pad, it depends on the final size after it's been folded up.
I’ve got the same as used in the video, 29cm folded, I’ll buy the bag for certain if it’ll hold the pad as well, it looks perfect for my needs [emoji1303]

I’ve got the same as used in the video, 29cm folded, I’ll buy the bag for certain if it’ll hold the pad as well, it looks perfect for my needs [emoji1303]
Is your landing pad reinforced by wire and fold by twisting the pad into a "8" shape first then fold around? 29cm is the diameter right?

Yes that’s the one [emoji1305] 29cm diameter once twisted for packing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent