DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iOS 10.3.3 - "CPU overload"

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
I've never seen this message before and now I've had it three times on iOS in the past few days - including both iPhone 6+ and iPad 4 mini today.

I've kicked out ("flicked") all other apps, I've turned off Background Refresh and other features, but ... still got this error today. Seemed better on later flights in the day.

Try turning off caching videos and a full power off reboot. This got rid of the message for me (iPhone 7 and iPad mini4)

If you mean caching w/i the GO App, that is a feature I want - and it has not given me any grief in the past. I'll give it a try, but I won't be happy about it if that is a cause.

Alan - what was the ambient temp where you were flying out of interest?
I've never seen this message on my iPad mini 4 (yet...)

Alan - what was the ambient temp where you were flying out of interest?
I've never seen this message on my iPad mini 4 (yet...)

26°C. Sunny. Was warm - but this occurred before the iPhone could get very hot. And as the session went on, the message went away and the video improved.

If you mean caching w/i the GO App, that is a feature I want - and it has not given me any grief in the past. I'll give it a try, but I won't be happy about it if that is a cause.

If you need it, you need it. The message itself isn't a problem. Early versions of DJI Go4 didn't have the message but the slow down was there regardless of the message. If the app performs OK, I wouldn't worry too much.

what version of DJI Go? have you tried to rollback? i would go back to 4.0.8

Note, just because the earlier versions didn't have code to display a CPU overload message, doesn't mean the core problem of overload wasn't present.

So true. I'm actually surprised at the type of error messages you can receive.

So true. I'm actually surprised at the type of error messages you can receive.

We need to understand the error message itself isn't the issue. So downgrading to a version where the error doesn't appear doesn't necessarily mean anything has been improved.

Note, just because the earlier versions didn't have code to display a CPU overload message, doesn't mean the core problem of overload wasn't present.

They refactored the architecture of how the chip is used in DJI Go 4 in one of the updates, specifically for optimizing for the a10 chip. Prior to, it utilized the chip better and never caused CPU overload (even if you had hardware encoding enabled, and audio recording and video cache). The way they refactored to use the new chips is what caused it. I've never seen this issue on Android, and only after the 4.1.3 update (it may have been 4.1.10, i can't recall the exact version. I have worked with many Inspire 2 owners, as soon as we rollback, things are perfect. We go to the later version, CPU overload. If the code doesn't exist, it can't be a problem.

Reactions: Youser
They refactored the architecture of how the chip is used in DJI Go 4 in one of the updates, specifically for optimizing for the a10 chip. Prior to, it utilized the chip better and never caused CPU overload (even if you had hardware encoding enabled, and audio recording and video cache). The way they refactored to use the new chips is what caused it. I've never seen this issue on Android, and only after the 4.1.3 update (it may have been 4.1.10, i can't recall the exact version. I have worked with many Inspire 2 owners, as soon as we rollback, things are perfect. We go to the later version, CPU overload. If the code doesn't exist, it can't be a problem.

Normally refactoring should improve the efficiency of the code. How did you learn all this?

Normally refactoring should improve the efficiency of the code. How did you learn all this?
I read alot, and talk to alot of people. The information about the refactoring was all from DJI's forum in the Inspire area and specifically responses by DJI employees (mostly DJI Mindy, some DJI Jamie). Inspire owners were hit harder than others because the transmission quality on the Inspire is higher and it taxed the devices harder. I also run a DJI drone consulting side business and help many people rollback their version of DJI Go 4 specifically for this issue. I've directly helped at least 15 Inspire 2 owners fix this issue by rolling back DJI Go 4. Not trying to BS ya or sell ya on fancy words .. its all research and learning. You can find most of it on the DJI forums in the Inspire section.

Reactions: Youser
I haven't seen the overload message on iPad Mini 2 running the latest iOS version, but it does seem to be draining battery at a much faster rate now - something like 40% per Mavic battery! (i.e. per ~20 minutes of flight) So the current app definitely loads the CPU much more compared to prior versions.

I've never seen this message before and now I've had it three times on iOS in the past few days - including both iPhone 6+ and iPad 4 mini today.

I've kicked out ("flicked") all other apps, I've turned off Background Refresh and other features, but ... still got this error today. Seemed better on later flights in the day.

Every once in a while in updates I got this message. Good news is that it always never got to annoying and it worked itself out with a newer update. I would also do a hard reset on all items and last resort is to uninstall djigo4 app and reinstall that worked for me once or twice as well. Good luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e