DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iOS 11.3?

Ron_Dog

Reactions
Have any of you used this iOS update yet? I currently have everything working fine, and I'm almost afraid to update, since the last few updates have had problems with DJI and Apple getting on the same page!

Updated last nite and just updated Go app to 4.2.12 and going to try out shortly .

Reactions: Ron_Dog
Updated last nite and just updated Go app to 4.2.12 and going to try out shortly .
Thanks,dirkclod! I'm a little "gun-shy" since everything is working so well as it is right now.

I understand,I have never had any issues updating really so I always do just to see.
I will post back after I fly and tell if I see anything different .

Well I just flew 2 battery’s and see no issues at all but
really didn’t see any before. Distance still good and had full
signal out . Now to get home and do a few honeydo’s :oops:

Yeop, I updated as soon as it was out do to having issues with the regular Go app and loosing camera functions on my Inspires.
Happy to report all is back and working great with both apps.:cool:

Have any of you used this iOS update yet? I currently have everything working fine, and I'm almost afraid to update, since the last few updates have had problems with DJI and Apple getting on the same page!
I'm running mine on ios 11.4 beta and I haven't had any crashes yet, it worked well on ios 11.3 as well

Reactions: MavicNoob79
Updating my iPad Mini 4 now. 11.3 Hopefully all will be well next time I take my MP out for a spin around the mountain. Next will be the latest version of Go4 .

No issues.. in fact I'm using 11.4 beta on an iPhone X with no issues with my MPP. Several flights since I updated.

I have had NO issues on my Mini 4 or iPhone 6 with iOS 11.3, GO4 4.2.8 and now 4.2.12. Update to newest FW yesterday after flight and will try it our tomorrow

Hmm, I think I'll hold off. Here is a copy of an article I saw regarding the update affecting battery life:

Gordon Kelly , write about technology's biggest companies Apple iOS 11.3.1 has an impossible task: fix the wreckage (1,2,3,4,5) of good intentions that was iOS 11.3 and try not to cause serious problems itself. Well, we’ve already had Strike One and Strike Two. Sadly, this is Strike Three…

Apple
Apple iOS 11

Apple iOS 11.3.1 is doing serious harm to the battery life, charging and heat generation of iPhones.

Looking at the first of these, some users report after upgrading their iPhones can discharge within 10 minutes while others see their battery percentage drop every few seconds. “I just saw my iPhone battery drop from 58% to 7% in 3 minutes. @Apple iOS 11.3.1 is awful.” - source

Compounding this is the new Battery Health Monitor introduced in iOS 11.3. Previously Apple might have been able to dismiss extreme battery drain as old/degraded batteries, but now affected users are yelling at Apple Support that iOS 11.3.1 reports their batteries are in great condition. For example:

“@Apple folks what's happening with battery after IOS 11.3 and 11.3.1? It's down to 77% from 100% in like 25 minutes. Battery health is 96%” - source

Not only is iOS 11.3.1 badly draining battery life for many iPhone owners (so far iPads seem unaffected), but it is also stopping some iPhones from charging properly while there are also concerning reports of excessive heat build-up.

“@AppleSupport since upgrading IOS 11.3.1 my phone just keeps getting really fu**** hot and my battery dies so fast, even when my phone is locked ???? help ????” - source

“...battery serving as a boiling ring while it drains in a jiffy” - source

All of which is not going down well on social media with iPhone owners sending numerous complaints to @AppleSupport on Twitter and Apple’s official Support Communities forum (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22… you get the idea).

I have asked Apple about these issues and will update when/if I get a response.

Consequently, the warning in my original iOS 11.3.1 features and upgrade guide remains the same: do not update, unless you are specifically affected by the third party display issue which iOS 11.3.1 does fix.

unless you REALLY need to update I would NOT cause if you ever need to run an older go app4 you may not be able to! :(

a Wiseman told me once " if it aint broke don't fix it!" :)

unless you REALLY need to update I would NOT cause if you ever need to run an older go app4 you may not be able to! :(

a Wiseman told me once " if it aint broke don't fix it!" :)
But if the update is because of a security issue, you wont know until it’s broke!

is it broke now? does it work good? :) they will always be some type of security issues :)

its seems EVERYTHING now a days bleeds data :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji