DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IOS 11 ?

rickw

Reactions
Is this going to be compatable with go 4,just saw on the news last night it was being released today,think I might hold off awhile

If I'm not mistaken you have to update Itunes with that and cause's some issue with getting your app's . Like you have to get them from your phone . Will try and find the thread but I was told not to update iTunes because of that .

Reactions: rickw
I'm downloading iOS on my iPad Air now, so I'll find out soon enough. I'm at work, so I don't have the Mavic with me, but I can at least see whether Go 4 will launch.

Since Go 4 just updated a couple of days ago I'm fairly confident DJI has it ready for iOS 11. The betas have been available to developers for months.

If I'm not mistaken you have to update Itunes with that and cause's some issue with getting your app's . Like you have to get them from your phone . Will try and find the thread but I was told not to update iTunes because of that .
I thought I had heard or read the same thing

I'm running 4.0.8 on my iPad 4 mini with zero problems, I've had even older versions that ran fine too.

did you have problems with itune?

I had to install the older versions using the method below, and you have to use an older version of itunes, the video explains it all.

Last edited:
Is this going to be compatable with go 4,just saw on the news last night it was being released today,think I might hold off awhile

I’ve been flying with my iPad on the beta for a few weeks now. No issues at all. Works great. Also don’t get processor or memory errors like I did before. Add in the ability to natively record the screen and its all thumbs up!

Reactions: Budmancan

Hi, I am running iOS 11 iphone 6s. The Dji Go 4 app is compatible with ios11. Two bugs: If you remove the Go 4 app and re-install the app again, after you login to your account, you amy notice the 5D button configuration need to re-configure, and for the video format if you are shooting 4K, the 30 fps option will not available unless you press other such as 2K, 1024 and and then go back to 4K and this time the option of 30 fps will re-appear again.

Have an iPAD Mini 4 that I have used since day one w/o any issues with the Mini. I loaded iOS11 and now I am getting Mobile CPU overload warnings. Spent the evening reviewing the boards only to find this has been a problem for others not connected to the new iOS build. Have gone into Settings now, on the Mini and deselected all background activities to see if that gets rid of the video stuttering. Am heading out the door now to test if this resolves the issue. But the timing of the errors is just too much to think that the new iOS doesn't have something to do with it. Never seen it before. Will advise.

Just back from testing both the iPAD Mini 4 and the iPAD Air 2, both with iOS 11 installed. Both I have used for flying the Mavic without any issues until the new iOS and DJI firmware updates. Today, I did not get the CPU Overload message I got yesterday. But something else cropped up. I am a big user of Portrait mode for building panoramas. Have never had an issue with firing off 20 or thirty frames, almost as quickly as I could push the shutter button. Now, I can only shoot two or three frames with the iPAD Mini before it freezes and just sits there the frame button just spinning around. Will not focus nor does the shutter release "sound" go off. I sit there in hover waiting and then some 15 to 20 seconds later, the Mini will suddenly catch up and all the shutter sounds fire off and it is able to focus again. This make the whole process unusable and I have to repeat, I NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE !!! I cannot take panoramas anymore with the Mini. Interestingly, I tested the iPAD Air 2 and those same issues did not show up. It worked fine. The Mini is only used for flying the Mavic. There is a definite bug here affecting the iPAD Mini that someone has to figure out. Which is why I invested so much in the Mini, avoiding such components that limit capabilities.

Reactions: SeaFox
I used the iOS 11 final beta that was put out a couple days before the final release date, this is the actual release that was rolled out and my iPhone 6plus would not connect , just sat there saying disconnected. Staying clear for a while I think.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82