DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iOS 13 update 9/19/19

Slade

Reactions
Hi. I’ve read that some folks using the iOS 13 Beta have had issues with DJI GO4 app. Should I be concerned upgrading to iOS13 this month? Should I wait a few weeks to see if it’s causing flight issues with the Go4 app? Just wondering. Thanks and Happy Flying??

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Hi. I’ve read that some folks using the iOS 13 Beta have had issues with DJI GO4 app. Should I be concerned upgrading to iOS13 this month? Should I wait a few weeks to see if it’s causing flight issues with the Go4 app? Just wondering. Thanks and Happy Flying??
I’ve been on Apple/Mac since 1979... learned not to upgrade to new OS until enough time has lapsed to ensure compatibility with existing apps.

I'm on 12.4.1 and everything seems to be working fine. Have not had any Go4 issues at all .
Didn't even now about that Beta 13 .
If they have an update to 13 I will do it as soon as it comes out,I always do .

Reactions: Slade
The betas are always a mess. Not surprising at all. They’ll have it worked out before launch though

Don't upgrade until both iOS13 and DJI Go 4 updates are released. One might not be compatible with the other. So wait to update both at the same time.
You can wait a bit longer after that too, if you want to see if other might have issues first.

Reactions: Slade and GadgetGuy
I'm on 12.4.1 and everything seems to be working fine. Have not had any Go4 issues at all .
I am on 12.4.1 as well and no issues. Never be the first to jump in on a update especially a Beta program!

I am on 12.4.1 as well and no issues. Never be the first to jump in on a update especially a Beta program!
I've never did a beta but I have always jumped in when a new update IOS or Firmware comes out. Somebody got to test it. Not like ya can't roll it back. Been doing it since I started in 2014 with my Phantoms.:)

Have read that a lot and might should have waited but never have and been lucky I guess as I’ve never had any issues.
Firmware update just popped up when I fired up bird and did it.
D8619176-FC51-4F48-A88A-C82E5C5C9123.jpeg Now to go test it.:oops:

Much thanks to everyone for thoughtful replies. I guess there are two main camps: Jump in or Wait. It may be prudent to wait on updating my iPhone 8 Plus to iOS 13 until O see what DJI does with the Go4 app. I can wait so why not. Again, Thanks everyone ??

Reactions: dirkclod
I have been an apple user since 1979 (Apple 2). One thing I have learned generally... Don't upgrade until the second update of a new version occurs.
This version (13) does one major thing... and a whole lot of minor things, but, the major issue is it only runs 64 bit programs. Make certain DJI4 is not a 32 bit one. I personally will not upgrade until the second or third update, and maybe later depending on the traffic in the various Apple forums.

I may have been the one you remembered mentioning this. I was having some problems with early builds (at least two months ago now), not with Go4 itself but with the phone processor overloading and overheating. It’s been fine for a while now and running fine with the latest betas, and the release version will be at least as up to date (on 13.1 beta 4 now ). Nothing wrong with being cautious but I’m comfortable with 13 now.

the major issue is it only runs 64 bit programs. Make certain DJI4 is not a 32 bit one. I personally will not upgrade until the second or third update, and maybe later depending on the traffic in the various Apple forums.
iOS hasn’t run 32 bit apps since version 11. Go4 is definitely 64 bit.

Reactions: OndaEyes
Regardless of your personal philosophy on using a beta OS or not, one thing is clear: YOU SHOULD NOT use beta software on flying machines. I mean, unless you a) want to risk a crash and b) void any warranty / DJI Care Refresh (I don't know for sure, but I would be worried that running a beta OS would render the Refresh void).

Yes, I know that the iOS does not actually fly the AC, and that you can fly without the a controller app at all if you want, but if you are flying with a controller app and the OS gives it invalid data, you risk the controller app crashing the aircraft.

Chris

Updated to 13 yesterday now it’s officially released and flown yesterday and today with no issues at all.

Thoroughly enjoyable flying it’s been too:)

Reactions: dirkclod
I've updated and is ok on my phone but don't fly with it just my iPad and will be glad when they release that. They are changing the OS on the pad also so will see then what happens.

Dark mode is awesome on my iP Xr with iOS 13. Be experimenting more tomorrow.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S