DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad 7th Generation question

BillyBlast01

Reactions
Hey everyone, big question about an iPad. I spoke to the sales rep at the T Mobile store today. He flies to. He said that they have a good deal with me being a Veteran I can get an Ipad 7th generation and a new phone. I am looking now to see if its compatible with my new DJI Mavic Pro Platinum. Do any of you know if its compatible? I will be going tomorrow to look at what they have.

Just got off the phone with DJI in California. They said the 7th gen will not work with the Pro platinum. They are working on the firmware but no idea when it will be done. So I called T Mobile back and I will go tomorrow and get a new A10E and a mini 4 same deal too. That was what I was wanting in the first place!

Reactions: pelagic_one
Try this.
I've had my Mavic Pro platinum up with my android phone. I want the bigger screen and they are actually making me the deal I want at T Mobile. Most of my friends in Florida where I will be moving back to use T Mobile so it's a win win for me.

Look at the mini5 if you have that option. It does do a bit better than the 4 and has a slightly brighter screen.

Reactions: BillyBlast01
Just got off the phone with DJI in California. They said the 7th gen will not work with the Pro platinum. They are working on the firmware but no idea when it will be done. So I called T Mobile back and I will go tomorrow and get a new A10E and a mini 4 same deal too. That was what I was wanting in the first place!
I wouldn't necessarily trust what a DJI rep says on the phone. The link of compatible devices is also outdated, from before the 7th generation iPad. Can't really imagine why any newer iPad wouldn't work with the MPP, since GO 4 works with the latest iOS, although the MPP is a legacy device, and may require an older iOS device. Sounds like you have gone in another direction though. MPP may also be compatible with DJI GO. I know the MP was.

I wouldn't necessarily trust what a DJI rep says on the phone. The link of compatible devices is also outdated, from before the 7th generation iPad. Can't really imagine why any newer iPad wouldn't work with the MPP, since GO 4 works with the latest iOS, although the MPP is a legacy device, and may require an older iOS device. Sounds like you have gone in another direction though. MPP may also be compatible with DJI GO. I know the MP was.
Well I actually did go a completely different direction lol. I got to T-Mobile yesterday and came home with a OnePlus 7T that is awesome. I have unlimited talk, text and data and a 20 GB Hotspot. Now I have the hotspot I need to feed my WiFi when I get a tablet. This way I can keep researching this and can choose the wifi only tablet that will fit my needs. Oh yeah I have 128 GB of memory and it is expandable to 512 I think. It's five hundred and something anyway I do remember that. So this is working out great. I get my check from this stimulus payment and I will get my tablet out of that.

Last edited:
Well I actually did go a completely different direction lol. I got to T-Mobile yesterday and came home with a OnePlus 7T that is awesome. I have unlimited talk, text and data and a 20 GB Hotspot. Now I have the hotspot I need to feed my WiFi when I get a tablet. This way I can keep researching this and can choose the wifi only tablet that will fit my needs. Oh yeah I have 128 GB of memory and it is expandable to 512 I think. It's five hundred and something anyway I do remember that. So this is working out great. I get my check from this stimulus payment and I will get my tablet out of that.
I love a happy ending! Thumbswayup

Reactions: BillyBlast01
I love a happy ending! Thumbswayup
Me to my friend. I had to weigh all the options and decide which one would fit my needs, now and later on when I move back to Florida. I don't need a tablet with cellular because I won't be moving after I launch and I won't be doing the follow me mode. I do want the hotspot on my phone incase I'm out flying and I decide to go to an area that I did not cache a map for before I left the house. I was with straight talk and last year they started offering a hotspot but no thether option. Prepaid was cheap but the phones were limited. Now I'm on the right track lol.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair