DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad air using in cold weather

Reactions
I love in Oshkosh, WI which is pretty cold.
It goes down to -40 celcius. Its around -5 to -15 right now. I used my iPhone but the battery drained extremely fast. I had amazon fire tablet but I just didnt like it. IM going to buy an iPad. But im concerned that the battery will drain quickly like my iphone as well.
does anyone use an ipad in cold weather? How do they behave?

All batteries lose capacity at low temperatures. In addition, all LCD screens perform poorly in sub-freezing environments.
I tape some hand-warmer packets to the iPad and remote control. The drone battery warms up in use, but you still need to keep it warm right up to the last minute before takeoff.
Cold conditions require extra care; fly closer and for less time. I expect there's an absolute minimum temperature where flight becomes impossible, but that's below my personal threshold, which is about 15°F. That's where I run out of fun tickets. ?

I was out 2 weeks ago here in Western Iowa doing a shoot for our church with my Air and iPad Pro 10.5. My Air batteries lasted about 18 minutes each, my iPad died while I was in air at about 32 minutes. Horrified I smashed RTH and she came right home. Came home with an ear infection and my pro battery came back up to about 50% ina hour and a half. So it wasn’t so much the cold it was that crazy howling wind we have out here. Be ready and warned ahead of time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas