DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Air WIFI (2020/4Th Gen) vs Galaxy Tab S7 WIFI (8GB RAM model)

blackbirdsr72

Reactions
I am in the market for a tablet that will run DJI Fly solely. In my local market, both of them are similarly priced. Which one between these two will you recommend and why? My requirements are -

1. Ability to turn off RC to Device charging. (Looks like DJI Fly v1.4.8 killed the option for both platforms)
2. Compass sensor.
3. Relatively brighter screen, although I will be using a sunshade hood for the tablet.

Please do not suggest the TRIPLTEK Tablet as the manufacturer does not provide an SoC model or make information anywhere on the internet and hence I will not buy it. Thanks for any input.

Last edited:
I am in the market for a tablet that will run DJI Fly solely. In my local market, both of them are similarly priced. Which one between these two will you recommend and why? My requirements are -

1. Ability to turn off RC to Device charging.
2. Compass sensor.
3. Relatively brighter screen, although I will be using a sunshade hood for the tablet.

Please do not suggest the TRIPLTEK Tablet as the manufacturer does not provide an SoC model or make information anywhere on the internet and hence I will not buy it. Thanks for any input.
There is no option on any Android Tablet to turn off RC to Device charging. Because it is an Android protocol. So I guess you have your answer

Reactions: blackbirdsr72
I am sorry I think that Ipad are also charging the controller since the last DJI FLy version

I am sorry I think that Ipad are also charging the controller since the last DJI FLy version
Ok never mind, I just talked to DJI online support and they confirmed me. The charging option is now On by default and has no way to turn it off, just like Android.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom