DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad ARGHH advice required.

THE CYBORG

Reactions
While flying a message popped up cache full then the iPad screen immediately went blank, is this normal for an iPad ?
I have had the cache full on my Android tablet and everything was fine apart from I didn't save any more footage after the warning.

If I cache my video to the iPad & it gets full is it normal for the screen to go off ?
I know or rather assume I can clear the cache before flying to stop this happening again but it seems strange if the screen going blank is a normal iPad thing.

While flying a message popped up cache full then the iPad screen immediately went blank, is this normal for an iPad ?
I have had the cache full on my Android tablet and everything was fine apart from I didn't save any more footage after the warning.

If I cache my video to the iPad & it gets full is it normal for the screen to go off ?
I know or rather assume I can clear the cache before flying to stop this happening again but it seems strange if the screen going blank is a normal iPad thing.
Interesting... haven't experienced that on either iOS or Android. Then again, don't think I've hit the cache max either to actually know. Even while running Litchi and selecting to cache the streaming video, flight may make a 4-5GB video file with a large low-res video to cache then later written to video storage; Never an issue.

To my understanding, the iOS would simply follow common rules to delete the oldest and continue operating. Is this on the new iPad OS, maybe there's new variable to retain cache.

I have no idea what version of the OS,( not an Apple person), all I know is its an iPad but will have a play around with it to see if I can find out.

In general settings hit about and you will see what version
your on.
No it’s not normal to do what yours did.
As far as cache full you can set that in go app to delete the
oldest when full or not. I clear all in my app every week.

Your up to date.

Found software update and it is now (hopefully) updating to 13.2.2
I say hopefully because I have no idea how to do anything Apple :rolleyes:

Isn’t hard you’ll get it. Got faith in ya. :)

Yeah I guess after being used to something simple using
IOS might seem hard.
JK...Is all I have ever used so I would be lost as a goose
trying to use android. Just what your used to.
Was always windows till I got a iMac and took awhile learning it but is all I will use now.
Anyway good luck.

Reactions: Thomas B
PC for me, inherited an iMac but only turn it on now and then to make sure it still works .
I am currently ( impatiently) awaiting delivery of all the parts to build my new PC, cant do that with a mac ;)

PC for me, inherited an iMac but only turn it on now and then to make sure it still works .
I am currently ( impatiently) awaiting delivery of all the parts to build my new PC, cant do that with a mac ;)
You can do upgrades but not into that. My last PC was a homebuilt gaming one put together from a freind and was nice but like everything else I mess with I buggered it up and got this. Does what I need so me good. Good luck with your build . Thumbswayup

Yey I now have I have iPad OS 13.2.2.
Still think the iPad is a pain to use compared to an Android tablet but its only for the drones so once its set up that's it.
Thanks for the help Thumbswayup
I used to have the exact same mindset! I was strictly an Android guy! Now, I will keep my Samsung watch and phone and cherish my iPad Mini 5 (used exclusively with the drones). The mini 5 gives me a superior screen, and is far easier to force kill potential conflicting apps. I use LITCHI a lot and DJI to start due to NFZs. Double tap iPad home, swipe up to kill unwanted app. Simple as compared to Android.

The only thing making me keep the iPad is that the compass shows the orientation of my Mavic, didn't work on my Samsung tablet.
I had offline maps with Android but it seems the best the iPad can do is cache them until I exit Go4 or turn it off.
I don't like the double tap swipe ,I think the show all apps button on android is more intuitive but that's probably because I am used to it.

Not an Apple fan tablet or computer, I simply don't like the OS on either.

Conclusion – I have one now and it works with my Mavic’s so I will persevere but cherish it, can’t see that ever happening.

Lol this be like all the Apple Vs Android threads
we used to have and no need.
As long as we have your issue fixed it’s all good.

Reactions: Thomas B
Firstly – Thanks for the help, very much appreciated Thumbswayup

Secondly - Sorry if it looks like I am knocking Apple as that was not my intention :eek:

I was just venting my frustration so forgive me , I will probably want help from you iPad users again ;)

The screen on my iPad Air 2 has gone black twice but they were both from overheating and only about 15 mins into the flight on the M2P. It seems the recent Go4 app really pushes the Air 2 to its limits sometimes.
I have since got an iPad 2018 for that and other things and use the Air 2 as my dslr controller via CamRanger.

Actually ever since Apple switched from Motorola to Intel, it can be possible to run MAC on third party hardware. Not within terms of use, but possible.

The only thing making me keep the iPad is that the compass shows the orientation of my Mavic, didn't work on my Samsung tablet.
I had offline maps with Android but it seems the best the iPad can do is cache them until I exit Go4 or turn it off.
I don't like the double tap swipe ,I think the show all apps button on android is more intuitive but that's probably because I am used to it.

Not an Apple fan tablet or computer, I simply don't like the OS on either.

Conclusion – I have one now and it works with my Mavic’s so I will persevere but cherish it, can’t see that ever happening.

I assume you mean orientation of Mavic relative to your orientation. Map and Attitude Indicator (radar) always shows AC orientation relative to north. The question is, does the map or radar show your heading related to north.
Most Androids do have a compass (Tab E does not). However the Androids are notorious for losing compass calibration. If you shake it around in a figure 8 or rotate 3 times in x,y and z access, then the compass will be accurate.
Not sure how the iOS is able to maintain calibration, as it's exposed to external magnetic influence all the time. And the WiFi only iPads don't have GPS so that can't be used to maintain compass calibration.

If only iOS devices had a back button and a TaskList button like on the Androids.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7