DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Battery Drain

Lets Fly

Reactions
Just curious about the battery drain on my iPad mini4. I always have it plugged into my controller when I'm going to fly in a day or so sitting on my desk. After charging up the iPad it drains down to about 65 or 70 percent in a couple of days. I just charged it up and left in unplugged from the controller and after 2 days it is still at 100 percent. Does the controller pull juice from the iPad when it is off?

Just curious about the battery drain on my iPad mini4. I always have it plugged into my controller when I'm going to fly in a day or so sitting on my desk. After charging up the iPad it drains down to about 65 or 70 percent in a couple of days. I just charged it up and left in unplugged from the controller and after 2 days it is still at 100 percent. Does the controller pull juice from the iPad when it is off?
I'm not sure but I'm guessing that keeping a line open between the two batteries would drain some juice over time. I guess it's like hooking two batteries together and letting them sit. Likely, it'll pull juice. I've also noticed that when I accidentally left the power cord plugged into my iPad but not connected to power. The iPad battery drained but only slightly to about 90 percent however I'm not sure how long it sat.

You don't mention which drone you are using, but with the Mini2 there is an option to have the controller charge the device being used with it...at one point that option went away and I read on this forum that it was always on..now I notice the option is back,,,,the controller has enough juice to charge the device, apparently...I don't know if the system has a diode that would prevent the device from charging the controller while it is off

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain_Rick