DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IPad GPS questions

Tkoglin

Reactions
If I buy an iPad with Cell but don’t activate the SIM card will the gps work for the “follow me” mode and return to controller? I can always preload the maps ahead of time.

My cell provider wants $20 a month to activate a SIM card in an iPad ?

There’s no need for me to do that when I can access the net wirelessly or by making my phone a hotspot.

If I buy an iPad with Cell but don’t activate the SIM card will the gps work for the “follow me” mode and return to controller? I can always preload the maps ahead of time.

There’s no need for me to do that when I can access the net wirelessly or by making my phone a hotspot.
GPS is entirely independent of cell service or internet connection.
It comes direct from the satellites up high.
But whether you can use Follow=me or not is not certain as many Apple users have been reporting error messages that prevent Follow-me from working.
In any case Active track works better any way and it uses optical technology rather than GPS. (if you have a Mavic 2).

Wow that is really expensive. I pay 139€ (some 155 $) a month for landlinetelephone with national and international free calling after 6 pm, digital HD TV with > 400 channels and "view when you like", home internet glassfiberconnection 200Mb/s download, 100 Mb/s upload, and now 6 sim cards in use with each 20 gB a month of free data, additional 9 sim cards available for a total of 15 simcards with no extra charge. Maximum 6 of these simcards get a phonenumber and can be used in a cell phone, the others are ipad or tablet only.

Reactions: Drone-007
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu