DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Mimi 6 Overheating

ScottTX

Reactions
Hi All,

I was making my 1st flight yesterday and my iPad Mimi 6 overheated and shut down in about 5 min. I realize it's hotter than hell in Dallas right now but I've never had my Mini 6 overheat before. I'll turn the caching off and fly it again this evening. I also just downloaded (a few min ago) the latest DJ Fly app.

I have seen items such as this to help keep tablets cool.

An add on cooling fan.

Thanks! :) - They have one for the Mini 6 also.

Reactions: MA2 317
Put the iPad in Airplane mode and dismiss all app except the Fly app to help minimize processor loading. Also do your best to keep it in the shade.
Thanks, its been 103-106 where I work. I will do as you suggested. Thanks. Also, my iPad not so precious that i wouldnt consider trying a homebrew solution, perhaps stick a heatsink and a fan on the back. I am researching thermal conductive adhesive and measuring for a heatsink as I write :) I see that the motherboard in an iPad with the seemingly hottest components are along the "button side" and so I may direct my cooling efforts there. Perhaps a 5vdc Noctua fan.

Having same problem. Did you get the X-Naut? How did you mount it, and did it work great?
Where did you get a X-naut case for the iPad mini 6? I don't see one on Amazon

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr