DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini 2

T864Mavic

Reactions
I Purchased an iPad mini 2 to use with the mavic. The Dji go 4 app says it's not compatible. Right now I'm using the Dji go app but have a lot of lag in the video feed. Is anybody using the mini2 without video lag or had a problem downloading the go 4 app? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I use an iPad Mini 2 with DJI Go 4 and every once in a while it gets a little laggy...but to be honest, for the most part it's pretty solid. I did see a deal on the iPad Mini 4 Cellular at Best Buy the other day and I put some thought into pulling the trigger on it, but decided against it at the last moment.

I got a 2nd-hand Ipad Mini 2 to work exclusively with the Mavic and am very, very happy with it. It certainly is compatible.

If you can, try also to keep your tab for the UAV only and get rid of everything else but the DJI Go 4 app on the device.

MK

I'm using an ipad mini 2 and have had no problems with DJI GO 4 app and lag. I have only two apps running: Apple maps and DJI GO 4 app. All others are completely closed/exited.

I have the wifi only version and the GO 4 app seems to cache map info of my area better with Apple maps open.

I just bought an I pad mini 4 just because of the newer A8 processor don't need to have any problems it was used paid $225. No to bad don't want to take any chances.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Corty
Google the model number on the back of your iPad Mini to find the version.

I Purchased an iPad mini 2 to use with the mavic. The Dji go 4 app says it's not compatible. Right now I'm using the Dji go app but have a lot of lag in the video feed. Is anybody using the mini2 without video lag or had a problem downloading the go 4 app? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey mate, just seen your post. Im also using an iPad Mini2, but flying an inspire1. Worked fine until two days ago when i updated the app and the IOS to 10.2.1. Now I get a 3 sec lag (unusable), though it works perfect with my I-Phone 7 plus. I have two identical tablets. both I pad mini2's both 16 gig, always 8Gb of data free. Either of these connecting to the slave second controller gets live feed. Either on connected to master gets a 3 sec lag on video feed only. All other data coming is live.. Eg, height, tilt of the camera etc.

Im thinking now after doing everything but reverting back to an older IOS version, because i don't have a backup :( is that the iPad mini2's are no longer powerful enough to play live feed when flying a drone.

Anyone else having probe with Mini2's

Hey mate, just seen your post. Im also using an iPad Mini2, but flying an inspire1. Worked fine until two days ago when i updated the app and the IOS to 10.2.1. Now I get a 3 sec lag (unusable), though it works perfect with my I-Phone 7 plus. I have two identical tablets. both I pad mini2's both 16 gig, always 8Gb of data free. Either of these connecting to the slave second controller gets live feed. Either on connected to master gets a 3 sec lag on video feed only. All other data coming is live.. Eg, height, tilt of the camera etc.

Im thinking now after doing everything but reverting back to an older IOS version, because i don't have a backup :( is that the iPad mini2's are no longer powerful enough to play live feed when flying a drone.

Anyone else having probe with Mini2's
I bought an Ipad Mini 2 recently and the Go4 is working fine. I haven't and won't upgrade the operating system. Thanks for the heads up! The only reason I have the mini is for a larger live viewing screen. I'd say you should roll back your op. system until they have it fixed.

I bought a new iPad mini 2 just to use with the Mavic. Running iOS 10.2.1 with DJI GO 4 and have had no issues in the month I have been flying with it. No discernible lag and no app crashes.

iPad Mini 2 Cellular worked perfectly on my P3P. On my Mavic it is completely unusable. The video lag is so bad it lags 1 - 3 seconds for any input from controller. I thought it was a bad cable but switched to another one and same problem. Worried that it was my Mavic itself, but plugged into my LG V10 and it worked perfectly. Had to be an iOS update that has made it unusable.

I've been using the mini2 since running into the issue with android 7 and the K1 Shield. The ONLY issue I have had while using the mini2, was with the combo of 4.0.7 and 1.3.0600. I rolled back .600 to .550 and everything has functioned great.

I've been using the mini2 since running into the issue with android 7 and the K1 Shield. The ONLY issue I have had while using the mini2, was with the combo of 4.0.7 and 1.3.0600. I rolled back .600 to .550 and everything has functioned great.
Thanks Frank, will give that a shot.

iPad Mini 2
iOS 10.3.2 (latest, cannot roll back to 10.2.1)
DJI Go App 4.1.2 (latest)
Firmware for both Mavic and RC rolled back to V1.03.550

My set up above cannot work, unfortunately. My iOS cannot be rolled back. Any advice?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54