DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini 3 question

Brojon

Reactions
I have an opportunity to snag a 64gb wifi iPad Mini 3 for cheap cheap cheap - like $75 cheap.
I already have a Mini 4 that I use for my MP and Phantom 4P but there have been occasions when I was out with my wife or son that I'd like to have another iPad so they can fly on a larger screen and not the phone. Then sometimes I take one out and not teh other and it seems a common issue that my iPad always seems to be in the other case ;)
Yes I searched this forum. No I did not get what I would consider a clear-cut definitive answer.
It seems to be a mix of "no it won't work" to "yes, it works just fine". Not definitive at all..
Then - every single post I read has someone tossing in his 2 cents about the 2 or 4.
Please don't comment on the Mini 2 or 4.
I have a 4 - I'm asking specifically about the Mini 3.
Simple question - does it work with Dji Go 4 and/or Litchi with suitable performance and minimal glitches?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Opportunity does not equal "has it".
I sincerely hoped for something more helpful.

Reactions: Paulbee
It works, but it will glitch and lag on occasion. That being said, that's cheap enough that even if you decide you dislike it, you could turn around and double your money.

Reactions: Brojon
Hmm - I guess that's to be expected with an older and slower processor.
Still better than the "it won't work" posts I saw. I thought that odd given Dji still has it in their list.

I fly with the iPad Mini 2. is dedicated only for my MP. Have never once ever experienced any problems at all. A lot of people complain of the app shutting down I have never experienced that. I fly in airplane mode.

Hmm - I guess that's to be expected with an older and slower processor.
Still better than the "it won't work" posts I saw. I thought that odd given Dji still has it in their list.

There's a reason the demand for the Mini 4 is higher than the Mini 2 and 3, and it's that the CPU and GPU just aren't as good. These benchmarks show how much better it is. That being said, it's not like it won't work and you'll probably get about 80-90% of the experience that the Mini 4 gives you. Personally, if I saw a $75 Mini 3, I'd jump on it in an instant. People are still trying to get $110-150 for an Mini 2, and Mini 3s are hard to find.
GFXBench - Unified cross-platform 3D graphics benchmark database

There's a reason the demand for the Mini 4 is higher than the Mini 2 and 3, and it's that the CPU and GPU just aren't as good. These benchmarks show how much better it is. That being said, it's not like it won't work and you'll probably get about 80-90% of the experience that the Mini 4 gives you. Personally, if I saw a $75 Mini 3, I'd jump on it in an instant. People are still trying to get $110-150 for an Mini 2, and Mini 3s are hard to find.
I have a ipad mini 3 and 4 (Both are 128gb). They both work just fine with no issues. For $75.00 I would'nt pass on that deal. Then again..for that pirce something has to be wrong with it.

Reactions: Paulbee
I have a ipad mini 3 and 4 (Both are 128gb). They both work just fine with no issues. For $75.00 I would'nt pass on that deal. Then again..for that pirce something has to be wrong with it.
It's a local soccer mom. I think the case is scuffed so it ain't purdy as a new one.
One less thing to worry about in the field :)

The iPad Mini 2 and iPad Mini 3 use the same processor. So, the iPad Mini 3 will run DJI GO just as well as it does on the iPad Mini 2.

Reactions: coop64
Qualifier: how well in your experience?
While I've never had any problems with my iPad Mini 2, I usually use my iPad Mini 4 when flying with an Apple tablet. I still often see people mention they are using an iPad Mini 2, so it's still a good option for DJI GO.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580