DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad mini 3

MoonUnit

Reactions
Hi everyone. I'm using a mavic pro and want a ipad mini 3. What's your experience with this tablet? Or is there something that's cheaper than the MINI 4 thay works as good? Thanks

Trying to remember why the 3 is not the best choice. Most use the 2 or the 4. Research.

Was hoping some Pros on this platform would help me from spending hours researching.
I've done some already but nothing solid. It's all about my location (South Africa ) where any apple products cost alot. Hence I'm considering getting the old ipad 2 and currently using an android phone.

Reactions: pyromedic1976
DJI no longer support the ipad mini 3, you can see a full list of supported devices here:

iOS V4.3.3
Requires iOS 10.0 or above.
Compatible with iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4.
Optimized for iPhone X.

Android V4.3.2
Requires Android 5.0 or above.
Compatible with Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S6, Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Note 8, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 8, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo X20, Vivo X9, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, OPPO R11, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi 8, Mi 6, Redmi Note 5, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5T.

Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI

The Ipad Mini 3 is much the same as an ipad mini 2 rather than being a 'newer' model as the number would suggest while the ipad mini 4 does use a faster hardware platform.

There is a list of devices based on user feedback here although the Fire HD8 might be an anomaly:

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) | Phantom Help

might be old tech but works great,trouble free

It might work great for you but there are plenty of references both on this forum and Youtube to iPad Mini 4 performance related problems. It would be good to know exactly why some people have trouble and others don't. Wi-Fi versus OccuSync maybe?

In any case, the individual has to decide between saving money or getting the latest up-to-date technology. Of course, there is no guarantee that the iPad Mini 5 or Pro will even be released but the rumours seem to be well founded. If you're in a hurry then get the Mini 4 and hope that it performs adequately.

I haven't heard of any problems here,maybe because people aren't setting them up right

I haven't heard of any problems here, maybe because people aren't setting them up right

Search hard enough and you will find problems but it's true that the majority of iPad Mini 4 users are happy. I still reckon that, in 2019, it doesn't make a lot of sense buying something that was released in 2015 unless saving money means more to you than anything else.

I’m thinking you’re more partial to android.

Not at all. I started with a Samsung Galaxy S7 phone but now use a 7.9" iPad Pro (employer-supplied freebee) which is awesome except a little too large and I need to use a Pad Holder (PGYTech). I'll be taking a serious look at the new iPad Mini when it's released.

So I found a 2nd hand ipad 2018 (6th gen) 9.7 inch.im gonna go for that.

I can confirm 150% that there will be a new ipad mini this year

Trying to remember why the 3 is not the best choice. Most use the 2 or the 4. Research.

Not only have I done the research, I own and fly with both the Mini 2 and 3. The 2 and 3 are the EXACT same iPad Mini. Exact specs for everything except... the 3 has a finger print sensor.

Now I don't give an eff about a finger print sensor, but I got a deal when I bought it. So as a flight device there is no difference

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme