DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad Mini 4 128GB - On sale $299 at Best Buy

Doostur

Reactions
Figured I'd share. Good deal for an iPad 4 128 gb. Or even cheaper if your store has open box which you can expect. $250-$275. Not sure if you can apple student discount at best buy as well.

I really wanted the cellular/unlocked version for GPS. But I have their mifi hot spot so would be smarter to get a regular and just connect to it for wifi/updated maps. On sale for $329 with 2 year contract or $22 bucks a month with contract and ipad for 24 months.

Apple Sale Event: Apple Products on Sale - Best Buy

Reactions: Kman21
Be careful - the WiFi only iPad does not have GPS. This is not strictly necessary, but it is necessary for verifying that the drone's home position is correct before taking off.

Be careful - the WiFi only iPad does not have GPS. This is not strictly necessary, but it is necessary for verifying that the drone's home position is correct before taking off.

Correct me if I'm wrong. If you have a Wi-Fi only ipad and you are connected to Wi-Fi, wouldn't that gather gps?

For example if you are in some random field and have a device that will tether Wi-Fi, couldn't you just connect your ipad to it and get GPS data?

Reactions: kab
just ordered one, thanks. I was getting tired of having to deal with my mav- mount and taking my bigger iPad Air 2 out of the case every time i went flying.

Reactions: Doostur
Correct me if I'm wrong. If you have a Wi-Fi only ipad and you are connected to Wi-Fi, wouldn't that gather gps?

For example if you are in some random field and have a device that will tether Wi-Fi, couldn't you just connect your ipad to it and get GPS data?

No - DJI Go 4 won't get GPS data. The phone that's providing the hotspot will though, and DJI Go 4 will get map data, and it will know where the drone is on the map. Iit just won't know where the remote is. You could use a bluetooth GPS to get GPS data to the iPad.

Not true, I have a wifi only. When you take off and it asks you to verify its showing you the map with your take off position shown on the map, not the position of where your standing which could be some distance away.

Not true, I have a wifi only. When you take off and it asks you to verify its showing you the map with your take off position shown on the map, not the position of where your standing which could be some distance away.

Exactly, you just have to be able to recognize where it should be on the map.

It is a little easier when you can see your own position as well, but not that big a deal.

What you really miss out on is the ability to reset the home point to your current location during flight and the ability to sue a GPS based 'follow me' mode.

Some need one or other of those options all the time, others never at all so just figure out which group you are in... :)

Not that it matters but there's strong talk that Apple will be discontinuing the iPad Mini 4 in the near future.

Good Luck.

Not that it matters but there's strong talk that Apple will be discontinuing the iPad Mini 4 in the near future.

Good Luck.

I keep reading this as well. With all the giant tweener phones these days perhaps true.

Being a mini user since the first gen this would suck.

That as it is popular it would be a big loss for apple if they discontinued the mini the phones are good but not quite big enough screen and the pads the same just to big a screen I have all 3 and use all 3 for different things the pad stays home now as I feel it is to big so I just take the mini and ph fingers crossed they are just going to call it something else and keep it when the new generation one comes out hopefully soon I am waiting to update my ph to the new 8 or what ever it will be called at the time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S