DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini 4 $99 at Walmart (demo)

Tinmania

Reactions
Just picked up an iPad mini 4, demo, from Walmart for $99. It looks like all the Walmarts at least near me here in Arizona have that price listed. It’s just the 16 GB, gold, version, but that was all I needed to use with my Mavic pro. By demo I mean the actual iPad Mini 4 they have out on display.

The first Walmart I went to, the one closest to me, wouldn’t sell me the demo. But at that Walmart the only person in electronics was an older lady who didn’t even seem to know what an iPad mini was. She said I really needed to talk to the manager who would not be in until 4 PM, and this was at noon.

But the next Walmart was a success. It took a while, and several managers or staff were called over, but the guy that was helping me told them all that it appeared to him, and according to their system, that the demo model is the one they are supposed to sell. So the manager came out and literally dismantled the clamps holding the iPad in place and I walked out with the mini 4.

There was an issue, however. A customer had actually entered their own iCloud information into it, therefore it was apparently activation locked. I called Apple and told him the situation, and they had me email a copy of my receipt to them. But they also told me this could take anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks to process, which could put me past my return period. I didn’t really want to wait for this so I played around with the iPad Mini a little more, and realized it was the demo firmware installed on it. Knowing that I figured they would never allow someone to really like it to their account, so I did a DFU restore and sure enough when it booted back up there was no activation lock.

Anyway thought I would post this here in case anybody wants to try it. Around here it seems all the Walmarts have one gold iPad Mini four, 16 GB, on display. Good luck!

Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato