DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini 4 and the new Firmware V01.03.0800

BadAssDK

Reactions
As most of you I too did the .0800 firmware upgrade yesterday. I'm using a iPad mini 4 as monitor and after the update, I noticed that a lot of my settings has been reset to default values, among was the max height and the RTH height.

I use to have the RTH set it to 50m but it was now only 30m. In the DJI GO4 app I choose the settings, clicked the RTH height felt and changed the value to 50 but there is no "Enter button" on the keyboard!!!??? Only the keys 0 - 9 and back-space so I couldn't confirm my new setting.

I did find a work-around; I connected my Android phone, change the values and confirmed the 50 m setting with no problems, but did anybody else see this issue?

Attachments

• IMG_0033.PNG
    IMG_0033.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 96
Resetting the flight parameters to "default" has occurred with previous versions of the firmware. As has been mentioned in this forum on many occasions, it is always good practice to check your flight parameters after an upgrade of the firmware to prevent any problems during flight.

You are missing the point. The problem is not that settings are reset to default during firmware upgrade, the problem is that I can't change them back on my iPad mini 4 due to the missing "Enter button".

Just change it in the main menu, also just put the numbers in and click off it and it should stick

It appears that you are trying to change the RTH altitude in the wrong menu location. Close the window you are showing in your attached png image. tap the three dots at the top of your screen and then tap the Quad menu item to the left. There you can change the RTH altitude.

The screen dump is from the status information screen, but of course I tried to change the settings under the 3 dots / Quad menu too. Same ****

Have you tried rebooting the iPAD by turning it completely off, waiting a few seconds and then turning it back on? I have to that with mine once in a while. I think that they sometimes get their brains scrambled.

I tried a hard-boot the iPad mini by holding the power button and the home button down until the apple appears on the screen, if that what you are thinking about. No change.

Can you post a screenshot of the keyboard when it is on screen?

I've just checked with my iPad Mini 4 and I am able to change the RTH altitude by hitting the 'Done' key on the keyboard..

.. or to ask it a different way, when you are on the right screen is it still showing you the number pad screen as per your current screenshot?

Looks like you are somehow getting the phone dialer keypad, instead of the normal keyboard.

No idea how you've managed to do that, but it is not what I am seeing on mine right now...

Is your aircraft powered on? It has to be on to make any parameter changes.
Yes of course, as I wrote I did manage to change the setting via my old Android phone. Lucky once saved in the Android app, the setting is saved in the drone too so it remains when I connect the iPad.

I did install a Google swipe keyboard (Gboard) in my iPad as it is a better keyboard when write messages. Can this be the reason?

I'd certainly try removing it to see if it fixes things.

The keypad you have showing is normally reserved for phone usage and you can't usually get that on the iPad so first thing I would suspect is a custom keyboard mod...

Yep, problem solved. So the conclusion is that the Gboard is messing with the GO4 app. :mad:
Thanks a lot all, now I'll just have to accept that I'll type very slowly as I've to use the original keyboard. :(
Billede 09-06-2017 23.32.46.png

Glad you got it sorted, unfortunately custom keyboards tend to cause issues with a lot of apps, not just Go 4.

Reactions: BadAssDK
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost