DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad Mini 4 Deal

Great price...been using mine flawlessly for a while on all my DJI platforms

Reactions: phantomi
No mini"s instock on their website.
Just thinking...BestBuy offers Price Match. Maybe try printing out the Sam's Club ad and bringing it to BestBuy

Hi y'all. Is there any reason to pay for more than a iPad mini with 16 gb? I'm only gonna use it for DJI Go4 and Litchi. Does the relatively small amount of memory have a meaningful impact?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Reactions: Mr G
Hi y'all. Is there any reason to pay for more than a iPad mini with 16 gb? I'm only gonna use it for DJI Go4 and Litchi. Does the relatively small amount of memory have a meaningful impact?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Good question. I just purchased an iPad Mini 4 with 32GB. Don't know if that's overkill or not, since I will use it just for the Mavic and few if any apps. I'll do all that with my larger iPad.

Reactions: Capt. Oveur
Just did an online chat with a guy from DJI. He said the only thing that storage space is used for is cached video and photos. These are low res versions of the hi res files stored on board the aircraft's SD card. If you set the DJI GO app settings to erase cached files in excess of 2 GB, it will overwrite the older files. These files are not of much use as far as I can tell. That is, except in the case of a runaway or crash. The video files stored on your phone or iPad might be useful is ascertaining the whereabouts of your drone. But I don't think you'd need anything above the minimum 2 GB cache size for this. So you can just use the setting for automatic replacement of files in the DJI app.

That's my take, anyway.

Yeah, thanks for the heads up. As a matter of fact, I saw the Staples deal. Only thing is that its not the cellular version with the GPS chip. But I have an older external GPS module that could work.

No problem! And you're right, flying with a GPS iPad would be nice. I don't tend to miss it too much though. And I do like having all that storage to pull down the videos and edit them right on the tablet. Works great for the basic stuff I do. Good luck!

Just ordered from the Apple store a refurbished Mini 4 16GB wifi cellular for $389.00. Comes with a full year warrantee and new battery. I have an Apple account with extra cloud storage and only plan to use the Mini for Mavic flying. I am using the Apple cloud storage for photos and other large files, so can't see going over 16GB. I have a regular iPad 3 that only has 16GB and never felt that pinched on storage as long as I didn't go crazy loading more apps than needed. I was having issues viewing my iPhone 7 plus screen size and hope my senior eyes find the Mini screen much easier to work with.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S