DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Mini 4 having ISSUES with DJI FLY APP “MOBILE DEVICE CPU FULLY LOADED”

BeauMini

Reactions
Almost every time I connect my iPad mini 4 to the remote, it says, “ Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected.” I don’t understand this. I keep clearing my video and photo cache on the app because of this message, but it doesn’t seem to do anything at all. My iPad mini has 128gb of storage, and I’ve only used 40gb of it. Anyone have any ideas? Would love some help!

Beau

Reactions: old man mavic
Almost every time I connect my iPad mini 4 to the remote, it says, “ Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected.” I don’t understand this. I keep clearing my video and photo cache on the app because of this message, but it doesn’t seem to do anything at all. My iPad mini has 128gb of storage, and I’ve only used 40gb of it. Anyone have any ideas? Would love some help!

Beau
its nothing to do with storage as such it means that the processor is unable to run the app ,if you only use your ipad for flying your drone then you need to delete all apps that you dont need for flying, and shut down background apps like data, the dji apps are very power hungry when in use and the CPU is unable to process the info fast enough

CPU is not disk space. Try force closing any other apps that are running on the iPad. You probably have a app running in the background that is misbehaving.

Double press the home button to list all the open apps, then touch each one and swipe up to close them

What does it affect, because I have noticed sometimes that when I see the warning, it is hard for me to capture quick shots. I have to reload the app in order for me to draw a box around an object. Is this caused by the CPU issue?

Reactions: Fran87cl
I used to get that all the time as well I just got a better iPad never once ever saw that pop up ever again. You need a iPad with a better chip in it the mini 4 is no better than the mini 3. It has the same Chip as the three does.

Reactions: BeauMini
when the CPU on your device is working flat out it slows down so when you try to touch the screen to draw the box ,then the amount of processing power that that action requires is compromised, because the CPU is not able to respond in the alloted time scale to activate the action you required

Ok, thanks!
Also, if I am told to fully discharge a MM battery, does that mean to 0%, or is that really bad for the battery?

Reactions: old man mavic
Ok, thanks!
Also, if I am told to fully discharge a MM battery, does that mean to 0%, or is that really bad for the battery?
personally i would not run a battery down to an extremely low percentage,i guess that you are asking about the practice of taking it down to 8% every 20 odd charges ,it does not seem to be required any more, and can damage the battery if it is then left for some time at such a low voltage, i know that airdata say you should do it but i never have on any of my DJI drones or indeed any of the drones i owned before i got my phantom 3 back in the day,i have never had any reason to do the process ,i may be wrong but i dont think that DJI even recommend it any more, the intelligent batteries should not be able to run down below about 8% due to the charge protection controls built into every battery,if you do decide to try it then just make sure you let it stand for a while till it has cooled and then let it charge fully

Last edited:
I see the warning on mine on a regular basis but usually under a particular circumstance. I normally make sure all other apps are closed when I start Fly. Once Fly is started I usually activate my cell phone's wifi and hotspot it to the iPad Mini 4 to update the mapping. When I do that I usually get the message. I go ahead and get the map, then shut off the hotspot and then touch the onscreen warning. It goes away and doesn't return. I have never noticed any problems when flying.

Reactions: Gygax
I see the warning on mine on a regular basis but usually under a particular circumstance. I normally make sure all other apps are closed when I start Fly. Once Fly is started I usually activate my cell phone's wifi and hotspot it to the iPad Mini 4 to update the mapping. When I do that I usually get the message. I go ahead and get the map, then shut off the hotspot and then touch the onscreen warning. It goes away and doesn't return. I have never noticed any problems when flying.

thank you so much for your reply. I just realized that when I was having issues, texts were coming in on the iPad. That’s a great idea!

This happened back in 2017 with the inspire after an update. Some people backed down to the previous update with the DJI assistant until a fix was released. It only affected the Apple products, not Android.

Shutting the apps down using the home button does not completely shut them down. They still have a sleep process running. Use the swipe up after getting all the apps activated to get rid of unused apps entirely to see if that helps.

I recently started flying my MM with an iPad Mini 2 that I bought just to fly. I got this same warning once in a while (thankfully it never affected any flights). I discovered that this is a common issue with the iPad Mini's 2 - 4. Not sure about the 5.

As I only use the iPad to fly, I have minimum apps installed on it. Also, on the advice from the person who sold me the iPad (who also flys the MM), I went to each App Setting and turned on or off the "Only While Using" setting, or something like that. Basically turning off apps, and not allowing them to run in the background.

So far this seems to have solved the problems.

Of course with the Air 2 on order, I'm not sure how my iPad will cope.

Are you running the most recent iOS 13.4.x update? It’s possible that with the recent Fly update to add IPad and MA2 support that it now requires more iPad resources, and the mini 4 has the minimum 64 bit CPU and dram/memory requirements to run the app now.

You could try removing other apps that you don’t use and hard reset your iPad mini 4 to see if that helps.

I see no problems running Fly on the iPad mini 5.

I recently started flying my MM with an iPad Mini 2 that I bought just to fly. I got this same warning once in a while (thankfully it never affected any flights). I discovered that this is a common issue with the iPad Mini's 2 - 4. Not sure about the 5.

I use a refurb'd iPad mini 5 cellular and have never seen the warning.

Shutting the apps down using the home button does not completely shut them down. They still have a sleep process running. Use the swipe up after getting all the apps activated to get rid of unused apps entirely to see if that helps.
Agreed - I double tap the button and then swipe up and remove everything but Fly.

iPad 4 has a A-8 Chip where the iPad 5 has a A- 12 chip Which is going to be much faster.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom