DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Mini 4 on Sale at Best Buy

Turnerm

Reactions
Just FYI... the iPad 4 mini is on sale for $299 this weekend ($100 off). I picked one up to use in place of my iPad Pro.

Pretty good deal if you've been on the fence like I've been. The last thing I need is another tablet and I'm not a fan of Apple products (in general) but I wanted this as a dedicated MP tablet. Works very well without needing a mount like I do for my iPad Pro.

Reactions: Hugg727 and newnan3
Thanks! Thanks! I bought the iPad Mini 4 last week from target.com. Seeing this thread, I called target.com for the price match (they have 14 day price match with select vendors and BB is one of them). They are giving me back $100 credit.

Thumbswayup

Reactions: Turnerm
Since wifi only iPads do not have GPS, will they work with the Mavic? Is there a map display?

Since wifi only iPads do not have GPS, will they work with the Mavic? Is there a map display?
Not sure. I'll find out. I've read elsewhere that the only real missing feature is Return to Current Location (instead of takeoff location).

dangit, I was going to get the celular one sometime soon but this offer is sure tempting. $100 off is a rare sight for ipads.

Also you can tether your ipad with your iphone and it will share the GPS data with your ipad (not sure about barometer though).

So the iPad 4 mini has its own barometer. So I went ahead and took this deal. I'll save money on my cellular plan too so I guess this is the best choice for me all around.

That's a good price dang it!

I will start new thread, "She Divorced Me".....or would that become a sticky? Lol.

Sure would be cool to have a dedicated tablet as my iPhone 6S goes through its battery quick!

Reactions: Chris.K and Turnerm
So can I pump the gps via Bluetooth from my Bad Elf Surveyor to the mini? I have an old mini and this is a great deal. Forgot about have to go order before company comes over!

I just bought one today. No best buy in my area had it in stock but target price matched it. I tried it out this evening and it is a major upgrade over my galaxy s5! I can actually cache the video without it crashing or slowing down horribly.

Reactions: lanthanhvan
So glad I did this, the mini 4 is a perfect companion with the Mavic.
Good deal! I agree. The iPad Mini seems to be the perfect solution for the MP! On my first flight I used my Google Pixel phone. Pretty good but small. After that I started using my iPad Pro (9.7" with a Mavic Mount) which was awesome but still a TAD too cumbersome to setup and a bit overkill honestly.

The iPad mini is the true sweet spot. And I honestly don't even notice the smaller screen size versus the 9.7" iPad Pro to be honest. Really, really pleased with this setup.

Just FYI... the iPad 4 mini is on sale for $299 this weekend ($100 off). I picked one up to use in place of my iPad Pro.

Pretty good deal if you've been on the fence like I've been. The last thing I need is another tablet and I'm not a fan of Apple products (in general) but I wanted this as a dedicated MP tablet. Works very well without needing a mount like I do for my iPad Pro.
I bought the iPad mini 4 and love it too. On sale at Best buy for $299. Try to fly it with my Android phone and it drain the remote battery quickly. The iPad doesn't drain power from The remote and can fly longer. Didn't want to buy another remote.

You don't need mobile data only iPad . Can also fly with wifi
Yep. The ONLY thing you lose is the ability to return to remote location (if you've moved from the original spot).

Maps can be cached and there are easy instructions to do this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+