DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IPad Mini 4 on Sale

Daskid

Reactions
Hello! Just got me an iPad Mini 4 Wifi + cellular 16Gb from Best Buy for $279.99. If anyone is looking for a tablet to run with the controller ,I think this is a great buy.

Thats a good price for the WiFi + Cellular ipad mini. The version that includes the cellular option usually demands premium price. You did well!

Reactions: Daskid
Thanks! Now I'm debating if I should've gotten the 64Gb version instead of the 16Gb version. Will 16Gb suffice even if I cache video on it?

Sure.I cache 2 Gigabytes on my 16gig Ipad mini2 (non-cellular) . It then dumps anything larger than 2 Gig and begins writing the new cache information. FIFO. -First in First Out

Reactions: Daskid
Sure.I cache 2 Gigabytes on my 16gig Ipad mini2 (non-cellular) . It then dumps anything larger than 2 Gig and begins writing the new cache information. FIFO. -First in First Out
Thanks a lot!

Tested it and the DJI GO 4 app WILL allow me to set the maximum cache size to 16 gigabytes on the ipad mini 2. Should be enough to save some of those long flight videos locally to the ipad mini 2.

Tested it and the DJI GO 4 app WILL allow me to set the maximum cache size to 16 gigabytes on the ipad mini 2. Should be enough to save some of those long flight videos locally to the ipad mini 2.
That is great news! I was planning on setting it to about 10 or 12 Gb as the ipad mini will be dedicated to the mavic. Thanks!

Dang!!!!! Just last week I bought a 128 gig Ipad Mini 4 with cellular.... $629!!!! I'd have opted for the 16 gig and just used it purely for the Mavic...

I think a lot of deals will be around on this soon due to the iPad mini 5 coming out in March

I don't know. I tried to google it but no luck. I did order the unlocked version. Maybe the other one is tied to AT&T or Verizon?
That is my understanding that you can use the unlocked version on any carrier and that the locked version is tied to one carrier.

A 16GB iPad will not allow you to set a cache of 10 or 12GB. There just won't be the space to do so once you have the OS and bloatware that comes with it along with DJI Go.

A 16GB iPad will not allow you to set a cache of 10 or 12GB. There just won't be the space to do so once you have the OS and bloatware that comes with it along with DJI Go.
Good point. I'll set it to the max space it'll allow me to.

Yeah unlocked is carrier independent so you can choose or change at will, the other one requires you to choose a carrier and then if you ever want to change carriers you have to request it unlocked from your current carrier. With pricing the same unlocked is more desirable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah unlocked is carrier independent so you can choose or change at will, the other one requires you to choose a carrier and then if you ever want to change carriers you have to request it unlocked from your current carrier. With pricing the same unlocked is more desirable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is weird because the strictly "cellular" one doesn't specify the service provider or allow you to choose one.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

With the Ipad Mini 4, 128g Cellular I bought from the Apple Store, the saleperson told me that the "cellular" version they sell was good for all but one of the major carriers. If you had the "other" carrier, they gave you that carrier's specific sim card. I didn't catch which one that was as my carrier is/was one that is supported without a different sim card...

It is weird because the strictly "cellular" one doesn't specify the service provider or allow you to choose one.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929