DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini 4 performance with latest DJI Go4

andydownunder

Reactions
Hello all. I hope someone can answer a question before I shell out $400 for an iPad mini 4. I had a mini 3 and got significant video lag transmission. Do I need more then 2gig ram and an A8 processor? My iPhone 8 works great but it is an A11 processor. Thanks in advance and apologies if this is a repeated question.

I am in Australia. Unfortunately we have to pay more here for devices. It’s a iPad mini 4 wifi with cellular. Can buy it from seller for $390. Happy with that as long as it works well. The iPad 3 experience made me weary.

There is also the option of mini 4 without cell. I use this with a bad elf bluetooth gps. Works great , just cache maps ahead of time.

Reactions: Glen b
Thanks Stoker. This price on the one with is actually cheaper then what I can find here without. Just want to ensure the performance is good enough to keep up with the DJI software requirements

Agree with all the positive posts. My Ipad Mini 4 had been my "go to" tablet till I got a CrystalSky. No issues with connectivity what-so-ever...

I never had an performance / Video transmission on my different iPad‘s
IF
I used another RC <-> IPad connection cable than the dji original. This one often gave me transmission problems!

My favorite is the Toways cable. This is a link from amazon Germany. Try to get one like this in your country.

Lightning Kabel Toways iPhone Ladekabel [Apple MFi zertifiziert] 90 Grad Winkel Stecker 0.15m Nylon USB Datenkabel für iPhone X 8 Plus 7 Plus 6s Plus 6 Plus 6 5S 5C 5, iPad Air 2, Mini 3 - Grau https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01MFBZXFM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_cdeaBbPSTE89G

Reactions: andydownunder
Hello all. I hope someone can answer a question before I shell out $400 for an iPad mini 4. I had a mini 3 and got significant video lag transmission. Do I need more then 2gig ram and an A8 processor? My iPhone 8 works great but it is an A11 processor. Thanks in advance and apologies if this is a repeated question.

I purchased the Mini 4, 128 GB and it is dedicated just to the MP. I have had it over a year and it was the perfect fit for the Mavic. Large screen and is bright enough to use in bright sun light. Never had a problem with it .

So, How important is it to get the Mini 4 WITH cell? Can I just get the one without cell and pre-load maps for the area? Do I even need to use maps? If I need to find a downed MP can't I just grab the coordinates from the DJI app and plug them into my cell phone to find the location? Thanks for any input. Just trying to decide if I need to spend to $$ for cell service on the Mini 4?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50