DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini 4 says "not charging" when plugged into the DJI power brick.

Pp09nlk2n

Reactions
What variable must I be missing?

When I plug my iPad mini 4 into the DJI Mavic power brick (either of the two USB slots on the power brick used to also charge the batteries) it doesn't charge. The iPad battery area says "not charging" where the battery icon used to be. This is new- used to charge just fine.

This happens whether it is the only thing plugged into the brick , or if a battery and remote control are charging at the same time.

It isn't the lightening cable:
I have tried different lightening cables and same problem.

It isn't the iPad mini:
iPad mini 4 charges when plugged into other Apple wall outlet power brick just fine.

It isn't the Mavic's power brick:
The remote charges fine as does my iPhone plugged into the exact same lightening cable and usb slot on the power brick.

Each variable tests out fine. But put the iPad and power brick together... "No charging" appears. And again, everything worked fine with this exact setup for months.

Any ideas what may be going on?

Reactions: normr
The iPads require more Amps than these chargers can provide. 2.3 I believe. I'm not a scientist or an electrician.

But it's the same if you attempt charge from most laptops.

I've recently experienced this. One thing to try is to switch off the IPad plug into the charger then switch charger on. Sometimes IPhones and iPads are a bit finicky and don't recognise "Unauthorised " power points.

Weird, i just got a ipad mini 4 with my mavic a month ago and charges fine with the dji adpater doing the battery and rc at the same time. Charges 3 all no issues, maybe try a different dji charger?

I've recently experienced this. One thing to try is to switch off the IPad plug into the charger then switch charger on. Sometimes IPhones and iPads are a bit finicky and don't recognise "Unauthorised " power points.

This isn't true. It could me one of two things. Either the power source isn't enough Amps to charge it, or it's not apple certified.

This is why iPads ship with a heavier cord and a different wall plug.

You have to have the minimum amperage or it will just trickle charge. It's is charging just not very fast. Basically the iPad will consume the power faster than it can store it.

iPads have been like this forever.

I only charge mine off the dji charger usb slot, I believe it's the cable if you're having issues

This isn't true. It could me one of two things. Either the power source isn't enough Amps to charge it, or it's not apple certified.

This is why iPads ship with a heavier cord and a different wall plug.

You have to have the minimum amperage or it will just trickle charge. It's is charging just not very fast. Basically the iPad will consume the power faster than it can store it.

iPads have been like this forever.

But why was it working just fine a week ago? And now suddenly it is a problem?

Also, my iPad charges from a cell phone wall brick 1 amp usb charger just fine, no errors. But plug it into the DJI brick now (which also is 1 amp USB) and it gives that error.

It is just very odd behavior.

Could be something as simple as you increased screen brightness.

It will charge (slowly) when screen is off, but if there isn't enough to supply enough to offset the power needed to run AND charge at the same time you'll get that message.

Like I suggested before try turning everything off. Plug iPad into charger then turn charger on. Sometimes iPads and iPhones stop recognising chargers. And yes you need a higher amp usually to work properly. When plugged in also try turning iPad off as then it has a better chance of charging.

I have a USB amp/volt meter so I checked and you guys were right - it is still charging at 1/2 speed (0.5 amps) even though the display says "not charging"

I'll try your suggestion of unplugging and reconnecting next time, though I feel like I must have tried that at one point.

Anyway, thanks all!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143