DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Mini 4 screen protector question.. Matte vs Clear.

Mavic_Pete

Reactions
Hi guys/gals,

I just picked up a ipad mini 4 last night for my new mavic. Its used but in flawless condition. I wanted to get a screen protector (Ghost Armor) on it but had a question. They now offer 2 types of protection, Matte and Clear. I am going to be using this ipad only for flying the mavic (with the RC of course) so there will be lots of flying in the sun since I live in AZ. From what I have read the Matte does a great job blocking out the reflection of the sun on the screen but it doesn't make the images look as crisp. The clear shows a very crisp picture like it would with no protection but also shows a lot of screen glare. Does anyone have experience with either of these and what would you recommend?

Example of a clear vs matte

Same boat as you hoping to hear suggestions from the mind trust.

If you will be using it outside most of the time, get the matte. I don't think you need the display to be extra crisp, because you won't be reading small text or anything like that. And actually, I think the matte is plenty sharp, and you won't leave sweaty fingerprints. I have a matte protector for my Galaxy tab 2 and just ordered one for my ipad mini 4.

Reactions: Mavic_Pete
Unless you get the Matte, it will be next to useless outside in the sun, unless of course you like to look at your reflection on the screen. I found that out real quick. I could barely see anything on screen other that my face o_O.
The matte overlay I put on there help tremendously.

Agreed... the matte finish is the way to go for outdoor usage.

Just got back from ghost armor and went with the matte finish. Glad i did! Screen isn't as brite but you have no problem seeing it in the sun.

I prefer matte finish on my phones and now my ipad. No finger prints or grease on the screens.

I just noticed that it shows no fingerprints and I think that is a huge plus! Makes the screen always look clean.

A downside to the matte is that it really cuts down on the brightness. There is also still a reflection on the screen, it just gets a bit more diffused.

I'm in Phoenix and have matte on my iPad mini. It's workable even in the AZ sun AND no finger prints.

Got the matte and got a delivery from Mavmount today :)

Awesome, looks great! you know one\ thing I was taught by customers is that because it is perfectly balanced, the mavmount can be used as a tablet stand like you are there. my girlfriend uses one to see recipes in the kitchen or watch youtube streams.

Since figuring that out, i use it as a stand for my camera, my LED lights on a table, and of course a monitor stand as well. its nice that when the Mavic isnt around anymore, this will still be a very useful item. :).

You know one thing I was taught by customers is that you can use the

Awesome, looks great! you know one\ thing I was taught by customers is that because it is perfectly balanced, the mavmount can be used as a tablet stand like you are there. my girlfriend uses one to see recipes in the kitchen or watch youtube streams.

Since figuring that out, i use it as a stand for my camera, my LED lights on a table, and of course a monitor stand as well. its nice that when the Mavic isnt around anymore, this will still be a very useful item. :).

You know one thing I was taught by customers is that you can use the

Very true!! I love how balanced it is. In hand and in the RC. Great purchase and I always recomend the mavmount!

Reactions: Aerial West
Very true!! I love how balanced it is. In hand and in the RC. Great purchase and I always recomend the mavmount!
Thanks... it the people who use it and keep posting these great reviews that make it successful!

As others have mentioned, matte is ideal for outdoor usage without all of the reflections. To my eyes, the glossy one doesn't affect the saturation and overall picture quality. There's an overall satisfying look with the glossy screens and felt some of that is lost with matte overlays.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3