DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini 4 wifi rth

Smbarbender

Reactions
I googled this question and I have seen many answers. I don't care about follow me at all. All I want to know is if my mavic will automatically return to home with an iPad mini wifi-only. Thanks

I googled this question and I have seen many answers. I don't care about follow me at all. All I want to know is if my mavic will automatically return to home with an iPad mini wifi-only. Thanks
Your mavic has a perfectly good GPS receiver that it uses for all flight functions including recording a home point and returning to it.
The iPad has nothing to do with this.

All I want to know is if my mavic will automatically return to home with an iPad mini wifi-only
The Mavic always uses its internal GPS receiver to locate and fly back to the last marked home point. The only time you need GPS data from your mobile device is if you are doing something that requires the drone to know where your mobile device is located (like when using Follow Me or setting the home point to your current location after taking off).

Reactions: Smbarbender
The piece of the puzzle you should watch with two ears is the message coming out of the mavic THROUGH the iPad speaker is that it recorded a home point. If you don’t hear that, that is going to raise the risk of it not getting home on its own. Satellites are your friends, the more the better.

Reactions: Smbarbender
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme