DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad Mini Gen 5 Question

Reelman67

Reactions
Yesterday while flying my M2P (warm day), started getting processor overload error message on my Ipad Mini gen 4 screen. First time ever since flying the M2P. I've read the cautions on this forum about flying with the Ipad Mini gen 4 and finally had it happen. So, my question is.....when I upgrade to the Ipad Mini gen 5, is there any advantage to getting a cellular model without activating the service? This model supports GPS whereas the standard models using wifi do not.

I have the iPad mini 5 Wifi and hate it because you can barely see the screen in day light. The brightness of the screen is too dark when I set it up all way to the maximum capacity.

A sun screen helps in bright sun conditions.

Apparently the Ipad Mini GPS hasn't been working with DJI Go4 and won't allow you to set a revised home point based on the Ipad location when the drone is in the air.
So it may not be an advantage at the moment to have built in GPS on the Ipad.

Did you turn off caching to the device on the Ipad Mini 4. as this saves on cpu processing ?

No, did not. Everything was working fine, until yesterday.

Hotter weather, I upgraded iOS not long ago, but have flown successfully a number of times since.

Started flying sport mode a bit lately.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett