DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini Memory?

RavenManiac

Reactions
For those of you piloting your Mavic Mini and other drones with an Apple iPad, how much memory should I get? The only options available to me are 64GB and 256GB. The price difference between the two is $150 USD.

Thanks!

If you are using the tablet as a dedicated display for just flying the MM then even 16GB is enough. If you want to use the built-in editing app to create videos then larger is probably needed. If I remember correctly my Mini 4 used about 9GB or 10GB for the basic install including the OS. I have a 64GB "cell/wifi" unit which I will be using it to fly AND as my main tablet for other stuff. I have a bunch of apps and other things on there now but still am only at 16GB used.

If I were making the choice rather than additional memory I would surely spend the extra $$ on a cell/wifi unit rather than just the wifi.

If your going to use Lumafusion for video editing I’d suggest a minimum of 128gb, if your on ipadOS you can now use selected external drives or even plug the MM directly into the iPad using a Apple camera adapter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929