DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Mini missing Map issue solved

WolfgangStiller

Reactions
My Ipad Mini4 128gb from Best Buy just arrived. I loaded all my apps and sure enough, I have the problem (DJI Go4 does not show a map). Reboot/power up/down, does not fix it. I uninstalled and reinstalled DJI Go4 and all is good. This is necessary and sufficient to fix this.

My Ipad Mini4 128gb from Best Buy just arrived. I loaded all my apps and sure enough, I have the problem (DJI Go4 does not show a map). Reboot/power up/down, does not fix it. I uninstalled and reinstalled DJI Go4 and all is good. This is necessary and sufficient to fix this.

Yep. That's what I had to do the other day to get my maps working again. Only problem is I forgot to back up all of my flights, so I lost everything. Seems pretty **** stupid to have to do just to get the maps to start working again.

Reactions: WolfgangStiller
Yep. That's what I had to do the other day to get my maps working again. Only problem is I forgot to back up all of my flights, so I lost everything. Seems pretty **** stupid to have to do just to get the maps to start working again.

Sorry that happened to you. I agree, it shouldn't be necessary. I sync all the time so my flight data is on both my phone and iPad.

Yes, my iPad 4 (128gb) is Wifi only. I love it. Have used it now for some great flights in the mountains.

So this thing happened in wifi only ipad?

Mine was a 128GB Wi-Fi only iPad as well. Which I hotspot to my phone to cache the maps. In this case I tried it on my hotspot as well as home Wi-Fi to get the maps to open. No dice. Multiple forum threads about it with the only solution being to reinstall the app.

Mine was a 128GB Wi-Fi only iPad as well. Which I hotspot to my phone to cache the maps. In this case I tried it on my hotspot as well as home Wi-Fi to get the maps to open. No dice. Multiple forum threads about it with the only solution being to reinstall the app.
WOW! what a hassle, I was gonna pickup a ipad mini 4 128 Gb today....good thing I stumbled upon this thread.....how about the 1 w/ wifi + cellular model is it the same?

I have a 128gb wifi Mini4 and have not had any issues with the map.

I didnt either until this weekend. Your time will come. I think mine happened after an app update. I don't think it has anything to do with the model of iPad so much as just the crappy app.

WOW! what a hassle, I was gonna pickup a ipad mini 4 128 Gb today....good thing I stumbled upon this thread.....how about the 1 w/ wifi + cellular model is it the same?
It's not that big a hassle now that we know what to do. The Mini 4 is great. Uninstall and reinstall takes 15 minutes tops and was a one time thing for me.

Glad you got it solved. In my case a reinstall did not do it (installing a new version) but I had to uninstall and then reinstall.

Anyone have an issue with a iPad mini 4 with cellular not updating the map? On wifi everything works well but once I am on cellular I get an error that I need to turn on or allow mobile data. I have it turned on in setting and I have allowed the app to use data but it still won't update.

Anyone have an issue with a iPad mini 4 with cellular not updating the map? On wifi everything works well but once I am on cellular I get an error that I need to turn on or allow mobile data. I have it turned on in setting and I have allowed the app to use data but it still won't update.
WOW! I do not have that problem on my LG G Pad X8 T Mobile w/ AOS 601, it's always solid, haven't had any disconnect to date. Been using it solely for MP 3 mos straight. Check it our and won' break the bank.

I have an iPad Mini4 / 128gb wifi only but have not yet taken it away from the house with its strong wifi signal.
Have any of you tried the Google map caching thing?
At this point I am clueless as to exactly how to do that but it seems that is what we HAVE to do if we want mapping in a wifi-less area.

I didnt either until this weekend. Your time will come. I think mine happened after an app update. I don't think it has anything to do with the model of iPad so much as just the crappy app.

In my case I don't allow my app to update automatically and in most cases I have wifi turned off. My Mini is a dedicated to just flying and haven't updated anything since April. I don't intend to update since they haven't offered any new functionality (other than goggles) or fixed anything. I'll stay right where i'm at for the life of my Mavic unless they offer something worth while. Mines been modded so that's another reason for me to not update.

Reactions: daisy-girl
I have an iPad Mini4 / 128gb wifi only but have not yet taken it away from the house with its strong wifi signal.
Have any of you tried the Google map caching thing?
At this point I am clueless as to exactly how to do that but it seems that is what we HAVE to do if we want mapping in a wifi-less area.

Yeah, the map caching works fine but this forces you to know where you will be flying. The key is to load the maps and then zoom in and out to get this to work.

In my case I don't allow my app to update automatically and in most cases I have wifi turned off. My Mini is a dedicated to just flying and haven't updated anything since April. I don't intend to update since they haven't offered any new functionality (other than goggles) or fixed anything. I'll stay right where i'm at for the life of my Mavic unless they offer something worth while. Mines been modded so that's another reason for me to not update.

I am on the latest everything (I have goggles so there is significant new functionality with .900) and it works fine.

I guess I can join the party of NO Maps. One iPad I use the maps just vanished. Other IPads and iPhone still showing maps. Any ideas from anyone will help.

I guess I can join the party of NO Maps. One iPad I use the maps just vanished. Other IPads and iPhone still showing maps. Any ideas from anyone will help.

This seems to be an iPad (and I thought iPhad Mini) specific bug. Has anyone seen this happen on other than a Mini? We need to report this to DJI so they can put it on their to fix list.

The good news is it just takes an uninstall/reinstall to work around the problem.

Reactions: Airmunn

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929