DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini mount

Vest596

Reactions
So I got my iPad mini 5 and ordered a mount off Etsy but I’m pretty impatient so imagine my surprise when I figured out if you pull the antenna out on the MA2 RC and set the mini in the bottom holder and rest it on the antenna it actually works pretty good for holding it. Anyone else fly like this? I’m still going to use a mount but good to know in a emergency

All good until you move suddenly.....bye bye mini 5

Lol I try not to move suddenly while flying I even turned it upside down over my couch and it stayed on! I will definitely be using the mount when it gets here but In the mean time this works.

You ca
Lol I try not to move suddenly while flying I even turned it upside down over my couch and it stayed on! I will definitely be using the mount when it gets here but In the mean time this works.
You can also use some gaffers tape around the sides of the Mini, and wrap it around the underside of the antenna for a more secure attachment.

So I got my iPad mini 5 and ordered a mount off Etsy but I’m pretty impatient so imagine my surprise when I figured out if you pull the antenna out on the MA2 RC and set the mini in the bottom holder and rest it on the antenna it actually works pretty good for holding it. Anyone else fly like this? I’m still going to use a mount but good to know in a emergency

I first bought a mount for my iPad Mini 4 from Amazon and returned it because it was bulky to travel with and took too long to set up. I can't remember where I first saw this idea, but here is my adaptation. It's $4.00 worth of materials and 2 minutes of labor. The hooks are from HomeDepot but I bet you can get them anywhere. I used glue to put the two hooks together and zip ties as added security. The velcro is really just to make the surface soft so I don't scratch my iPad. Super small and takes a second to setup when you're ready to fly.

Here is a link to the hooks and pictures

Attachments

• IMG_7429.jpeg
    IMG_7429.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_7431.jpeg
    IMG_7431.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7432.jpeg
    IMG_7432.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
I made the same mount using the medium hooks from Home Depot, and also put velcro on the surfaces that make contact with my Ipad mini. I glued the hooks together using JB weld. It holds incredibly secure, and transports easily in the same pocket with the batteries. For those that have the fly more combo. I filed down the back side of the mount so that it slides snugly into the clip underneath the antenna. Also, I created grooves that fit around the metal antenna parts. May seem a little over engineered...but installs easily and is VERY secure.

looks good however the thing i dont like about this type of mount is the load being place onto the antenna array. If DJI thought it was good enough to support the long term additional weight of an Ipad mini or larger they would have made it extend further..
Just my opinion

There is no additional weight or pressure on the antenna. I’m not sure what you are referencing.

looks good however the thing i dont like about this type of mount is the load being place onto the antenna array. If DJI thought it was good enough to support the long term additional weight of an Ipad mini or larger they would have made it extend further..
Just my opinion
Completely agree! I bought such an adapter designed for the iPad, and the entire weight is resting on the thin, fragile aluminum antenna tubes, which were never designed for that kind of weight. The only way to minimize the stress is to tip the iPad vertically to minimize the torque, which is a terrible viewing angle. The stress on the forearms holding the RC horizontal is also extreme. Keeping the weight centered over the center of the RC is a far more balanced design. Get the PGYTECH one I linked above. You can also easily adjust it to any viewing angle.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000