DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini onto controller?

GSARider

Reactions
i just read a review on Amazon with the below...anyone tried this and can confirm?

So after waiting an extremely long time to receive this on pre-order, the wait was well worth it, lots of time to do research, watch you tube videos etc

The most interesting thing I learnt during the period was that you can fit an iPad Mini 2 (sized iPad) into the controller, perfect fit, much better suited than a small iPhone screen. To do this you will need to use a different USB to lightning cable, I chose a black, USB to right angled lightning (MYLB Right Angled Lightning Sync and Charge Cable for: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics), with a slight loop, perfect !

I use an iPad mini 4 with a third party USB/Lightning cable with zero issues.

20170405_185111.jpg

I can tell, the iPad mini is better to fit into the controller's clamp than a cellphone.

[Edited]
No issues with the Sport mode button when it's in place.

Thanks, I have an iPad mini 2 and a 4 at home, so will need to give it a go. I take it that you plug into the full size USB port?

Edited - just seen your image full size...thanks.

Be careful mounting like that, it can push the side switch to sports mode accidentally. It is also hard to manually switch it to sports mode because the bracket will be right up against that switch. Also mount the IPad with the home button on the right side to get the strong magnets on the iPads edge away from the controller.

iPad mini4 and never had a problem with the sport switch. It's close but workable. Best if your iPad is a cellular version as you get the gps capability that isn't in the wifi version. Home button to the right as suggested above though the mini4 does have magnets in both long sides this orientation hasn't caused my any problems.

It is also hard to manually switch it to sports mode because the bracket will be right up against that switch. Also mount the IPad with the home button on the right side to get the strong magnets on the iPads edge away from the controller.
Agree. A little bit tricky to switch to sport mode indeed, but I have no major problems with that so far.

I highly recommend the stent to mount it over the controller, albeit you won't be able to see the RC's OEM screen w/o tilting the entire controller down. Mount is $16 shipped, folds pretty flat for easy transportation and made of metal for durability. It even has a handy carrying pouch for those that care about that kinda thing (I do).

Ipad mini4 fits perfect, no use buying a mount that interferes with the controller.

Other than it feels awkward as hell to mount a ipad mini in the RC (just doesnt feel right).
I spent last two decades flying planks and Helis (maybe I just can't shake the traditional RC feel).
I didn't like the iPad in the Mavics's RC grips one bit.

Other than it feels awkward as **** to mount a ipad mini in the RC (just doesnt feel right).
I spent last two decades flying planks and Helis (maybe I just can't shake the traditional RC feel).
I didn't like the iPad in the Mavics's RC grips one bit.

I bet it's better than a top heavy mount.

Ipad mini4 fits perfect, no use buying a mount that interferes with the controller.

No interference. Plenty of clearance and all the content on the OEM screen is on the app anyway. The balance I feel is worth it, but each to his own. Here's the setup: Mavic and the Ipad Mini 2

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian