DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini or iPhone 13 Pro Max?

Dbez1

107 Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
In either event, it’s time for a new phone and have decided on the iPhone 13 Pro Max. The question now is: What will be a better flying experience, the new phone or an iPad mini? The mini is obviously larger, but I have heard the 13 Pro Max is very bright in the sun. Opinions please, and thanks in advance.

I’m waiting for the newest mini6. From the reading that I have found, the first mini6 has some sort of screen issue that I’m not willing to pay for.
I believe Apple is resolving this with another version of the mini6 yet to be available. The new processor is the goal. The brightness issue isn’t a big deal when you have a large hat for shade.
Research as much as you can. Good luck.

In either event, it’s time for a new phone and have decided on the iPhone 13 Pro Max. The question now is: What will be a better flying experience, the new phone or an iPad mini? The mini is obviously larger, but I have heard the 13 Pro Max is very bright in the sun. Opinions please, and thanks in advance.
I can't speak to the iPhone 13 Pro Max since I don't have one but I use the iPad Mini 5. I have a sunshade and anti-glare film. Much easier to see with my aging eyes than when I use my phone.

I have an IPhone 13 pro max. Works great.

Was going to get a mini 6 a month ago until I read up about the problems with that.

Then my old phone broke right before Christmas and got a new 13 pro max to serve two purposes with one device.

Thanks for that information. Any others with input?
I have 13 Pro max and it works well with the Fly app. Don’t have hands on with a current mini but have ordered a Tripltek 8 for my M3 as it has a bunch of features that I want.

So current mini has 500 nits - 13 Pro max has double that at 1000, same A15 processor in both.

Mini has USB C port 13 has lightning

Mini has larger screen area.

Not sure about ~ $ as the amount of storage you get can really affect that.

Reactions: Jiminy Cricket
I have 13 Pro max and it works well with the Fly app. Don’t have hands on with a current mini but have ordered a Tripltek 8 for my M3 as it has a bunch of features that I want.

So current mini has 500 nits - 13 Pro max has double that at 1000, same A15 processor in both.

Mini has USB C port 13 has lightning

Mini has larger screen area.

Not sure about ~ $ as the amount of storage you get can really affect that.
Following.. I’m in the same boat on what to purchase or upgrade

Following… I have the iPhone 12 Pro Max and a sun shade. I also wear a baseball cap when I fly. It all works “OK” but glare and brightness are still a bit of an issue 🤷‍♀️I was considering the iPad mini 6 as well for larger screen but then a new sun shade, maybe new cable, a stand or something to hold the iPad, and I’m not sure the cost warrants it unless there is big difference in the improved brightness and less glare. Ahhhh so much to consider.

I have both and have used both to fly. My preference is to use the Mini 6 for the extra screen size.
I do use a sun shade though and the UK isn't exactly known for its extremely bright days.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada