DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mount for Mavic flight controller

tatmanblue

Reactions
I am curious if anyone has used an iPad with the flight controller for the Mavic Pro 2. Such as this one (this is not an endorsement :) ).

I wanted to know if that extra size and weight of the iPad made it harder to hold the controller. I feel the larger display screen would be nice, but not sure it would be worth it.

Thnx
Matt

I am curious if anyone has used an iPad with the flight controller for the Mavic Pro 2. Such as this one (this is not an endorsement :) ).

I wanted to know if that extra size and weight of the iPad made it harder to hold the controller. I feel the larger display screen would be nice, but not sure it would be worth it.

Thnx
Matt
I did not like the way it positioned iPad to cover the RC screen so found a mount that sets the mini-iPad above the controller (in front of antennas). This also keeps you from having to look way down at screen. Use a lanyard also.

From what I’ve seen and had in my hands, the PolarPro is probably the one on the top of the list. Build quality would be hard to beat, but it’s not a 30.00 unit.8394F383-7951-4B7A-A38D-08949E055FC9.jpeg

Reactions: tatmanblue
Oh, and only $16.50!

+1 for the skyreat the only issue that I occasionally run into is that the locking night is hard to get off so I keep a pair of mini channel locks in the truck. Other than that I love the way it folds up and stores flat.

Of course it will always come down to you get what you pay for. I have the mavmount and the skyreat and they are definitely two different animals. The lock nut is always giving me issues and just slips at the worst possible times. also the two fold up arms that extend up to the not there are always wobbly I can never seem to keep them tight.

I asked a similar question recently and the responses may be of interest to you:

Thoughts on using a device within the controller arms or a larger device?

I've since gone with a tablet solution and I'm pleased with how it works although it does feel heavy in comparison initially compared to using a phone but I find it much easier to use the drone having both the bigger display and in a more prominent position.

I got the Skyreat mount and love it. I've been using just the controller with an iPhone 6s plus. As for weight, I've been trying to figure out why the inside tendons on my elbows ache. It's from standing there with my arms bent at 90 degrees for 20 mintues or more, supporting a not-so-heavy load. Wow. Need to start using the neck strap!!!!!!!

Just get a tripod. Stand there with free hands. More fatigue you are more chances to make a mistake

I'm in my mid 50s and I'm still not decrepit enough to feel fatigue holding an iPad that weighs less than a pound. I prefer being able to turn freely to keep the antennas facing the drone.

Reactions: Starz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest