DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Pro 2018 12.9 in mount

Apfire27

Reactions
Afternoon guys,

Does anyone know if a iPad Pro 12.9 mount for a Mavic 2 pro controller? Many say they go up to a 12 in tablet yet the measurements do not coincide with that statement. 8.68 wide 12 in tall. I appreciate all the info you guys provide

Reactions: Thanohano44
Try looking through this.

If you have a case for the iPad, they have extended finger brackets as well.

Reactions: Thanohano44
I have both the MavMount and just received the FlightDeck to mount my iPad Pro 9.7 tablet. Here's what I find ...
>> I've had the MavMount for about 10 months. Great rig BUT because of the ball mount it's always out of alignment and moves around too much for my liking. I bought the extra large monitor mount when I purchased it that allows you to leave a case on the iPad. This part of the MavMount is fantastic, is spring loaded to hold the iPad in place firmly and has standard camera screw holes on the end and centered int he back. See below.

>> FlightDesk - This is a solid piece of hardware. The notched adjustable pivot points where the gold thumbscrews are allow you to adjust the angle anyway you want. FlightDeck comes with both a tablet mount and a Crystal Sky mount included. The bad part about this product is the tablet mount. Similar to the DJI P4 controller mount there's a button on the side that allows the mount to open to the desired width BUT the problem is it doesn't allow you to squeeze the tablet beyond where it makes first contact with the tablet therefore the fit isn't tight enough to hold it securely. The tablet seems loose and moves around. On the DJI controller you can make contact and then push a little more to get another "click" to fully secure it in place. I haven't tried this but maybe a little softer piece of foam on one end will snug it up a bit.

>>> Now for my hybrid solution that works great ... I took the MavMount tablet clamp, used the supplied quick release screw mount of the FlightDeck and screwed it perfectly to either of the two MavMount screw holes. Perfect! It's no longer floppy and eliminates the ball mount problem. Of course this solution is a bit pricey combining the two but makes a great solution. The FlightDeck on Amazon is $79 and the MavMount clamp is $14 plus shipping.

I think the LifThor looks like a good choice but may have the same ball mount issue but I haven't tried it.

I'll attach some pictures when I get a chance but this is the MavMount clamp I'm referring to. It's $14 from MavMount
1567479985179.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851