DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IPad Pro too big

Wick

Reactions
So I have the Mavic air 2 eventually coming from DJI. I was looking at getting a new iPad that would good for flying and for work. Is the new iPad Pro too big? I know it’s subjective but is there an adaptor I can get for it to use with the new remote for the Mavic air 2?

Hi Wick. To be honest, yes, I think an iPad pro would be far too big for this application. I doubt there would be an adapter for something so large, it would cover the controller twice over. Just my 2 cents though!

Reactions: Wick
@Wick if you go on the Thors Drone World website ,they have made a new screen device holder for the new RC for the MA2, and it should tell you what size devices it supports

So I have the Mavic air 2 eventually coming from DJI. I was looking at getting a new iPad that would good for flying and for work. Is the new iPad Pro too big? I know it’s subjective but is there an adaptor I can get for it to use with the new remote for the Mavic air 2?
Here is a picture of my 11" iPad Pro, iPad Air 3 (10.5"), and my iPad Mini 5.

I bought the iPad Air 3 to use as a screen to fly with but after using it a few times it's just a little to large. I bought a iPad Mini 5 and now using that to fly with. I should sell the iPad Air 3 but will probably end up keeping it.

Attachments

• IMG_1155.jpeg
    IMG_1155.jpeg
    784.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1175.jpeg
    IMG_1175.jpeg
    736 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1310.jpeg
    IMG_1310.jpeg
    785.9 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Here is a picture of my 11" iPad Pro, iPad Air 3 (10.5"), and my iPad Mini 5.

I bought the iPad Air 3 to use as a screen to fly with but after using it a few times it's just a little to large. I bought a iPad Mini 5 and now using that to fly with. I should sell the iPad Air 3 but will probably end up keeping it.

Nice!! I just bough the ipad 7th gen today. Is an adapter Needed or the stick comes up enough for the iPad?

Thanks again

Reactions: Bruno_with_M2P
You will need a pad holder and a longer type C to lightning cable since the one that came with drone is short. I just got mine from PGYTECH (pgytech.com) they have nice collection of accessories for the MA2.

I use the iPad pro 11 and I don't find it to be too big. It is definitely on the large side but I love using it.

You will need a pad holder and a longer type C to lightning cable since the one that came with drone is short. I just got mine from PGYTECH (pgytech.com) they have nice collection of accessories for the MA2.

I bought a pgytech iPad holder off amazon. Got good reviews but doesn’t look like the new one on the site so maybe it’s old.

so the mav 2 controller is usb c? I can get a USB C to lighting off amazon or pgytech.

thanks for the tips

No question. I use my Ipad Air and my Ipad Pro too! My old Ipad holder has a strap and I just hang it around my neck.

I bought a pgytech iPad holder off amazon. Got good reviews but doesn’t look like the new one on the site so maybe it’s old.

so the mav 2 controller is usb c? I can get a USB C to lighting off amazon or pgytech.

thanks for the tips
The 2020 ipad pro is usb c not lightning. The cable the iPad comes with works fine.

Reactions: Wick
No question. I use my Ipad Air and my Ipad Pro too! My old Ipad holder has a strap and I just hang it around my neck.
Got a picture of how the strap mounts to the iPad holder in such a way that it doesn't block the iPad screen, and also allows the RC and iPad to hang freely from your neck, hands free?

Checkout MavMounts.com They have mounts for pretty much anything to do with DJI Mavic I use the MavMount for my Mavic Pro and a Samsung Tab S5E 10.5 inch

get Ipad mini make a Bracket........ better than crystal Sky

I have a mavic pro and bought a iPad mini 5 cause in the past my iPad pros did cover controller and really u won’t be using it other than fly

Yes! I had a P4P that I used an iPad Pro with and it worked good except when here was a lot of glare. I tried a shield but it was too clumsy. So I sold the P4P and bought a MA2 (mainly for size and travel reasons) and have found that my iPhone 8 does a really nice job and the DJI Fly app is simple enough that I do not have to spend a lot of time on the iPhone interface. Now I have an iPad pro that is in my bag and rarely used!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143