DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad6 for Fly app?

Daver$23

Reactions
After having tried several Android tablets that met the specs but wouldn't load the Fly app, I am surrendering and going for an Apple device. I have found a used Ipad6 32GB that appears to meet all the necessary specs but it is not on the 'official' DJI list.

So, all you experts.........will this A1954 model Ipad work for my Mini? And if so, which cable do you recommend?

Thank you for helping me to not make another mistake.

After having tried several Android tablets that met the specs but wouldn't load the Fly app, I am surrendering and going for an Apple device. I have found a used Ipad6 32GB that appears to meet all the necessary specs but it is not on the 'official' DJI list.

So, all you experts.........will this A1954 model Ipad work for my Mini? And if so, which cable do you recommend?

Thank you for helping me to not make another mistake.
I got the Ipad 5 and it works. When did the SIX come out?

Re-reading I realize you said used since I was going to suggest buying from a place that accepts returns. Any possibility you can meet the seller and try installing and running the Fly app?

I use the Fly app perfectly fine with my Mavic mini and both Mavic Air 2's on my iPad mini 5, iPhone Xr and iPad sixth generation. The iOS app has been nothing but totally stable, fast and reliable for me with all these devices.

Reactions: Harry0363
I really appreciate the real world experiences that you provided. This 6 has the correct specs, but then so did the Android ones I tried. That is a real good idea to load and try the app since it is an individual that has this Ipad except that I don't have a cable. They are asking $180 for the Ipad6 with charger and case. Seems like a good deal. I will see.

Thanks again!

Reactions: TerKelDing
6 came out in 2018, I believe. Should work - at this point it's more a matter of iOS capability, and the 6 still keeps up. Remember, that you ARE effectively taking time off how long it will be supported vs a new one. I understand the cost difference, but just remember in a few years when the 6 doesn't support latest iOS updates, some/many apps will not run anymore. Just a matter of balancing how much you care about each side of the equation.

I really appreciate the real world experiences that you provided. This 6 has the correct specs, but then so did the Android ones I tried. That is a real good idea to load and try the app since it is an individual that has this Ipad except that I don't have a cable. They are asking $180 for the Ipad6 with charger and case. Seems like a good deal. I will see.

Thanks again!
That is a pretty nice price for the iPad 6. I have never had consistency problems with iOS since it is much easier for developers to create their apps for a single system. On my Android devices, the system version *may* be listed as compatible, but the hardware turns out to not be. There is soooo much fragmentation on the Android side, I just stick to iOS which gives me absolutely zero issues. I just keep things updated and runs smooth as silk. By the way, I do this professionally as Exec Producer of the aerial and small camera systems division for a film production company so I absolutely need the top reliability for all of my gear.

my 6th gen 9.7 32 gig WIFI ipad runs both the Go4 and fly apps with no issues,for best results switch off save to cache in the app and delete any apps that you dont need for flying ,that way the battery will last longer, and of course with the ios, it does not drain the battery in the RC when in use
i can fly 4 batts with the MPP + 4 with the MM and still have plenty of battery left with no problem

With iOS it’s been my experience that once a version is supported it stays working even if you don’t go to the new version.
It’s kind of the way Xcode is set up with the library‘s. When they went from 32 bit to 64 bit that was an exception. Apps had to be rebuilt.
Well my iPad mini 2 is too slow it will still run go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake