DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPads?

Reactions
Any of you using iPads with your Mavic Air. How are they working out for you and what kind of mounting arrangement did you come up with?

Last edited:
iPad Air 2 with Mavmount version 3. No problems at all - well balanced, although I do use the neck sling as it makes the RC more comfortable to hold. Just need to remember to turn off auto brightness & set the screen to full bright.

Are you talking about the specific model "Ipad" as opposed to an Ipad Pro, Ipad Mini, Ipad Air? You specifically asking about the 9.7" models?

+1 on what msinger has posted.

For my larger Ipads (not Ipad Mini 4 which is my predominant Ipad I use for flying), I use an Ipad Air 2 with a mavmount.... I really like the Mavmount as it keeps the weight of the remote balanced...

Any of you using iPads with your Mavic Air. How are they working out for you and what kind of mounting arrangement did you come up with?

Hi, an iPad mini fits between the legs of the remote. All you need is a short lightning to usb cable.

I find the balance ok, not too heavy and the screen is big enough.

Cheers
Russ

Reactions: MikeMauk
Hi, an iPad mini fits between the legs of the remote.
Yep! Here's a photo to show how it fits:

image-fb2c2a1b.jpg

For those people (like me) who find the remote controller awkward to hold with an iPad Mini wedged in like this, one of the above remote controller mounts would also be prefect for the iPad Mini.

For those of you who use a 9.7” iPad, do you prefer the mount which puts it above the controller (F.stop Labs) or over top (Hooshion)? I’ve been trying to decide on which iPad setup is best.

Thanks!

Yes. I’ve got them both. Bought the Air, started noticing some screen refresh issues.Would sometimes redraw the screen half in green or half the screen was black. This would only happen momentarily and it would refresh fine, but it was annoying to me. I also had to start making sure no other apps were running.

I bought an IPad Air 2 and use it with all my DJI drones and haven’t had any issues...

Has anyone experience of iPad Air vs iPad Air 2 (better processor) worth upgrading?

Reactions: MavicGS
Yes. I’ve got them both. Bought the Air, started noticing some screen refresh issues.Would sometimes redraw the screen half in green or half the screen was black. This would only happen momentarily and it would refresh fine, but it was annoying to me. I also had to start making sure no other apps were running.

I bought an IPad Air 2 and use it with all my DJI drones and haven’t had any issues...

Thanks for the information....I noticed the same thing on my Ipad Air so guess it's worth the upgrade so. Cheers!

Reactions: MavicMo
I am using my Note 9 now. But I am really looking into an ipad or ipad mini. Which one is the best to use? I know it is probably an opinion just trying to make a choice. Thanks

Well I'm the newbe and I'm waiting for my MA to come in the mail. I'm wondering if my iPad will work with the MA because it's just a Wifi only iPad. Do the MA use its own WiFi signal? Or do I have to use my cellphone? Sorry for the stupid questions.

Well I'm the newbe and I'm waiting for my MA to come in the mail. I'm wondering if my iPad will work with the MA because it's just a Wifi only iPad. Do the MA use its own WiFi signal? Or do I have to use my cellphone? Sorry for the stupid questions.

Couple of things. I use the PGYTECH mount for both my Air and my Spark. I have iPad Airs for both of them and Irun them both in airplane mode and they are dedicated for the drones. With the Air (and the Spark) there is no need (for me) to be able to see the controller so I have the mount angled to be above and up from the controller. The only time I take them out of airplane mode is at home so I can sync my flights to DJI. The MA does use its own WiFi signal for connection to the controller, but I would strongly suggest using the included OTG cable to connect the iPad. The Air is designed for this. The Spark is a little more touchy and you need to power up in a specific sequence to get the OTG connection to work.

I used to use an Ipad Mini 2, but I found the extra real estate on the Ipad Air to be better. I'm just waiting for DJI to update the app again and make it so the Air no longer works.

I believe my next purchase will be a ipad. I like that it has more real-estate also. My drone would be the only thing I use it for. I am a Android man myself. I just don't like any of the current Android tablets

I just bought a 2018 iPad Pro 11 inch. I've been using an iPad Mini 2 with my remote previously. Are there any mounts that anybody would recommend for the iPad Pro? Or is it too big to fly with?

I just bought a 2018 iPad Pro 11 inch. I've been using an iPad Mini 2 with my remote previously. Are there any mounts that anybody would recommend for the iPad Pro? Or is it too big to fly with?

The iPad Pro 11" is almost identical in size to the 9.7" and 10.5" Pro's because the main difference is the bezel size. MavMount makes clamps that will even hold the old, huge, iPad 12.9" so that would be one option for you. Lots of people fly with full size iPads, if that is what you would like to use you'll be just fine.

I am using my Note 9 now. But I am really looking into an ipad or ipad mini. Which one is the best to use? I know it is probably an opinion just trying to make a choice. Thanks

I’m using the amount I found on Amazon “Mavmount” it’s solid comes in two pieces holds my full size iPad or iPhone 7plus very sturdy well built aluminum has a nice bag to place it in when not being used and neck lanyard has making on it of DJI $17.99

Reactions: gatoremt
I’m using the amount I found on Amazon “Mavmount” it’s solid comes in two pieces holds my full size iPad or iPhone 7plus very sturdy well built aluminum has a nice bag to place it in when not being used and neck lanyard has making on it of DJI $17.99
I have looked at the mavmount. Have not found it on Amazon though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada