DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iphone 12 pro max dislplay dims when flying air 2s

vwkaufman

Reactions
I have an Air 2S that i fly with iphone 12 pro max, i got the phone because the brightness is rated at 800 nits.
when fly in warm weather display dims by half, then more, right in the middle of a flight. NOT good iphone.
sent phone back to apple got another new one.
same thing happened today.
Air 2S only has charge function, older os of dji fly let you turn off phone charging.
i believe this is part of iphone display dimming from what i've found on web. Heat buildup in phone auto dim kicks in to save phone from cooking.
wish it wasn't so. anyone have a solution.
cold pack to strap on back of phone?

photo of old Zinc floatation plant from 1910 near Waldo NM.DJI_0125.JPG

Reactions: Ranger#1
Did firmware update just now, charging phone now can be turned off.
thanks for that. lets hope phone behaves better now.

Same phone same problem the fix is so simple it’s crazy. If u have a phone case on take it off problem solved. I could not believe it but it has something to do with iPhone 12 Pro Max getting hot. Hope this helps because has helped me and countless other.

Hi guys, its Reggie, Same Thing happened to me yesterday Friday, 6August2021. I'm fly a (DJI Air 2S). Iv'e never had this happen before. I live in Gilroy California. It was 90 degree temps when flying. My iphone screen went dim, then I got a message on my iPhone Screen saying: (iPhone Temp Too Hot). Then suddenly iPhone screen went totally black/blank. Lucky my DJI Air 2S was within visual sight and landed. Does anybody know what the hell is causing this? iphone Temperature getting too Hot and iphone Screen getting Dim and going completely blank/black on screen.

It was 90 degree temps when flying. My iphone screen went dim, then I got a message on my iPhone Screen saying: (iPhone Temp Too Hot). Then suddenly iPhone screen went totally black/blank.
It's an iPhone thing, well-documented for years now. One of my flight devices is a Galaxy S7, and sometimes it gets hotter than a firecracker - but it's never dimmed, hung up, or rebooted itself!

FWIW, I try to never fly when ambient is above 90°F... unless for some reason I absolutely have to. Extreme heat is very hard on a drone battery, and will dramatically shorten the life of the battery.

I have an Air 2S that i fly with iphone 12 pro max, i got the phone because the brightness is rated at 800 nits.
when fly in warm weather display dims by half, then more, right in the middle of a flight. NOT good iphone.
sent phone back to apple got another new one.
same thing happened today.
Air 2S only has charge function, older os of dji fly let you turn off phone charging.
i believe this is part of iphone display dimming from what i've found on web. Heat buildup in phone auto dim kicks in to save phone from cooking.
wish it wasn't so. anyone have a solution.
cold pack to strap on back of phone?

photo of old Zinc floatation plant from 1910 near Waldo NM.View attachment 131750
This is well known problem , it is a problem in the OS, wait a couple of days , Apple‘s event is the 14th with iPhone release and a couple of days later we should se a new OS or a huge update of the current system… let’s hope

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike