DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Iphone 14 2,000 Nits

bkushner

Reactions
I'm surprised to see the Iphone 14 Pro hits 2000 nits in daylight. Wonder how that works with the constant dimming issue when the phone gets hot?

No doubt it drops down the question is how much but I doubt we will get that answer.

I have experienced only with Samsung S22 Ultra with 1700nits and purchase of 1000nits RC Pro is much better option.
I was afraid of it but it works perfectly in bright environment as active colling present.

My bigger worry would be that if it is OLED that blue lifetime would be an issue. I would avoid having a sustained image that was blue for any period of time to avoid burn in.

My first reaction was “does it dim in bright sun?” However now having the RC Pro, it does not really matter anymore.

BTW I often use my 2021 iPad Pro 12.9” in bright sun (playing music), and that does not dim at all - can easily see in bright sunshine.

My first reaction was “does it dim in bright sun?” However now having the RC Pro, it does not really matter anymore.

BTW I often use my 2021 iPad Pro 12.9” in bright sun (playing music), and that does not dim at all - can easily see in bright sunshine.
I have that iPad and if it gets warm enough it will absolutely dim. It's the reason I got a Tripltek

Yeah, it’s 2000 nits but they don’t say if it’s sustainable under hot conditions
It will probably do better than previous models but it will still dim to protect itself it it gets hot. Remember, phones are not designed to fly drones for extended periods. The original DJI Smart Controller, which I use most of the time, does not lose brightness (I also have an iPad Pro and a Feelworld 2200 nit monitor, which do).

I have that iPad and if it gets warm enough it will absolutely dim. It's the reason I got a Tripltek
The earlier iPad did indeed dim, but I am talking about the 2021 iPad Pro with the new mini-LED display (only the 12.9"). I have used for a few outdoor gigs this summer and it is brilliant - bright and does not even get hot.

I'm surprised to see the Iphone 14 Pro hits 2000 nits in daylight. Wonder how that works with the constant dimming issue when the phone gets hot?
I just spent a while watching the new iPhone release video. It is truly amazing and I think I'll be getting it mainly for the new camera and the new video. Here is the link.No more need for gimbal stabilization for example.
Dale
iPhone 14 Pro

The earlier iPad did indeed dim, but I am talking about the 2021 iPad Pro with the new mini-LED display (only the 12.9"). I have used for a few outdoor gigs this summer and it is brilliant - bright and does not even get hot.
I have the A2378 which is a 2021 and I am pretty sure I have noticed it dimming. I wouldn't bet my house on it but I do -think- I have seen it dim. If you can point me to a reference that will confirm it does not dim I'll reconsider my recollection but it's my recollection (admittedly imperfect) that it does dim. A web search with the terms "does the 2021 ipad pro dim when it gets hot?" brings up other who have experienced screen dimming with the 12,9" 2021 iPad Pro. Humorously, given my latitude (64.5), I won't be able to test it getting too hot for....oh...another 10 months :).

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
This level of brightness is only on the Pro Models I believe.. Whether it will dim in heat remains to be seen, I think its a different display and may work differently than before and this issue could go away, however the proof will be when someone finally gets one and can give it a try.... This issue can crop up just trying to take photos on warm days in bright/hot sun..

Reactions: leebroath
While we can make assumptions perhaps, we really don’t know what the new display on IPhone 14 Pros will do, it is a different display than previous versions

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
I bought the RC Pro for the dimming issue on my iPhone and it has been a game changer. I have the 14 Pro on order but I fear that 2k brightness will only last a few minutes in the high noon sun on the water. It will be interesting to see, no pun intended!

I bought the RC Pro for the dimming issue on my iPhone and it has been a game changer. I have the 14 Pro on order but I fear that 2k brightness will only last a few minutes in the high noon sun on the water. It will be interesting to see, no pun intended!
2000 nits is only 1.4x brighter than 1000 nits. iPhone 14 Pro set at 1000 nits might be just as good, and able to keep up, without overheating.

• Haha
Reactions: pommy
Honestly, NOTHING can defeat the Almighty summer Sun here in southeast except getting the h*ll out of it and into some shade...

Yes, I can see my Tripltekj screen in the mid day sun but the intense heat blasting on me just standing there is nearly unbearable. Sometimes, I cant wait for the flight to get over just so I can cool off (dry off) for a sec before I go at it again... hmm maybe thats the ONE bad thing about those 40+ min m3 batteries. lol

@Macinfo is correct. We don't know what Apple has in store for the phone and its new screen. But I doubt seriously if "drone usage" plays a part in the iPhone's new tech design.

It will probably do better than previous models but it will still dim to protect itself it it gets hot. Remember, phones are not designed to fly drones for extended periods. The original DJI Smart Controller, which I use most of the time, does not lose brightness (I also have an iPad Pro and a Feelworld 2200 nit monitor, which do).
I have no issue with Android phones?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair