DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone 7 case options

AerialViewSolutions

Reactions
Was just curious if anyone has found a good case to use on their iPhone 7 that doesn't require being taken off the phone to be used while connected to the controller. Would prefer a more protective case than just a skin, but most cases are too bulky near the lightning port to get the connector in.

So after many cases. I too hated having to take off my case!

So first I took the plug out of the arm. That allows you to plug it in, then pinch it in the arms.

Lastly I finally just went without a case. I bought a good wrap! It works amazingly.

I posted what did on my first post. I took the rubbers out and trimmed them. Now my 7 fits with a uag case no problem. Hated taking my case off.

I just press the arms against the sides of my phone case like this:

03.jpg

The Griffin cable would still fit if I took my case off and slid the phone into the arms.

Reactions: Mjonesy758
3887debb3d2c1b4795a905f776d8bd93.jpg
1333f1d16d97190f0b451db36dcf1298.jpg
b9e85c91fd7199f578ff95181ab0918c.jpg
3887debb3d2c1b4795a905f776d8bd93.jpg

Here's some pics. Still using the cable that comes with it.

I was contemplating shaving down on the rubber grips to fit my iPhone 6 Plus with case on but soon realised that the screen was a little too small for my liking and switched to my iPad instead. So I'm glad I didn't cut away the grips!

I just press the arms against the sides of my phone case like this:

View attachment 19175

The Griffin cable would still fit if I took my case off and slid the phone into the arms.

I have a off brand case and this is what I do.my case is rubber over hard plastic so the rubber holds it in place.

I am really surprised that no one (3rd party) or even DJI has not come out with new optional rubber grip!!

IE: Small (the one that is included), Medium (one that is a wider so it will accept a small case on the phone), Large (one that will accept something like a battery case)

I really don't want to shave the rubber nubs off the "small" holder that comes with my remote. And I have to wonder who uses their phones without a case....

So many useless accessories for the Mavic....... when someone can make a new grip that would be truly useful.

I posted what did on my first post. I took the rubbers out and trimmed them. Now my 7 fits with a uag case no problem. Hated taking my case off.
How do you remove then rubber inserts? are they glued in?
Any ideas where to buy just new inserts...in case I get too carried away with cutting?

How do you remove then rubber inserts? are they glued in?
Any ideas where to buy just new inserts...in case I get too carried away with cutting?

I removed the screws, but the rubber pieces still won't come out.

Note that I have a Mavic Air, so my controller has a slightly different layout than the one pictured earlier in this thread; instead of 3 screws from the bottom, I have two screws from the inside (when the arms of the RC are open).
snap.jpg

When these screws circled in red are removed, the arm with the rubber insert separates from the bar (blue arrow) and the controller body. The two screws go through a bracket , and anchor into the plastic of the arm. I tried prying the rubber inserts out, but no luck - I couldn't even get a tool between the rubber and the plastic of the arm; I'd like to remove the rubber intact.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest