DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Iphone 7+ Connection problem with RC

terryedwatts

Reactions
So

I have a bit of a dilemma with my Mavic Pro - one that has caused a significant headache.

-

What works; I can conntect the RC and the drone. I have even taken it for a quick flight at the local park. No problems there. Turning the drone off and on again, I have also been able to switch to wifi mode, and use my phone to fly the drone too.

-

The problem; I cant use the RC and get a video feed on my phone. In general there is no connection between the phone and the RC. I have persisted with the DJI Go app however it seems to be utterly useless in this regard. I want to use the remote to fly, and the device to take snapshots and preview footage.

I have tried to pair the phone and remote in many diffrentways however it seems to be particularly useless at this point in time.

-

Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

-

Terry

I have tried to pair the phone and remote in many diffrentways however it seems to be particularly useless at this point in time.
Your phone cannot be paired to the remote controller. Disconnect the cable from the left side of the remote controller and connect a Lightning cable between your phone and the USB port on the bottom of the remote controller

Hi

I have not been able to get vision on the phone using either RC method.

-

The micro-USB on the side to the phone does not work. I have not been able to connect the phone to the app this way. Likewise, no recognition of the RC when it is pluged in either.

The lightning USB has the same result to. I turned on the RC and the drone, then connected the phone via USB. I was also sure to have disconected the side Micro-USB as recommended. There was still no preview feed and there was no recognition of the phone and the RC. I also entered the controler mode and selected pair RC. Which did nothing.

-

I have seen the videos of people using the RC with a live preview of their phone. So I just don't see what I am doing wrong?

-

Terry

So

I have a bit of a dilemma with my Mavic Pro - one that has caused a significant headache.

-

What works; I can conntect the RC and the drone. I have even taken it for a quick flight at the local park. No problems there. Turning the drone off and on again, I have also been able to switch to wifi mode, and use my phone to fly the drone too.

-

The problem; I cant use the RC and get a video feed on my phone. In general there is no connection between the phone and the RC. I have persisted with the DJI Go app however it seems to be utterly useless in this regard. I want to use the remote to fly, and the device to take snapshots and preview footage.

-

Any ideas will be highly appreciated.

-

Terry
Hi, have you done the lates IOS update. I had the same problem but since updating all firmware and IOS plus using a genuine apple cable in the bottom usb port, all works well

iPhone, it is my belief, is the culprit. Neither DJIGO4 or Litchi will run on my iPhone 7 and I no longer try.

Got me a refurbed Samsung TabA through a big box store and works fine. Plus! Bigger display.

Are all of you running iOS 11.2.1 on your Apple devices? If not, try upgrading them.

Reactions: born2drone
Please retry using a genuine Apple lightning cable, the one Apple supplied with the phone when you bought it. I know it’s too long but just try it. Many aftermarket cables are not MFI certified and while may be good enough for use to charge your Idevice they don’t seem to work with Go4 app.

As it would turn out, there is a bit of a process and then it opperates fine. Even off the side cable now too. Due to my unbrakeable iPhone case I use the lightning cable though.

Turn on the drone - then the remote "absolutaly make sure the airals are out and then rotated" !!!

Then when you plug in the usb it will work if you do that. If you don't it will not pair.

-

Who would have known ?

-

Problem fixed, and I have amazing footage now.

All good; but what a headache it was in between.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird