DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone 7 with Mavic Pro

Ken Long

Reactions
Hi All,
Recently purchased a Mavic Pro so that I can take it to more places than I can my Inspire. Usual drone issue is a decent display in the sun. Have thought about a CrystalSky, but concerned about people having issues with them. I use either an iPhone 5s or iPad 4 Mini. Have noticed that the screen on an iPhone 7 is half as bright again as my iphone 5s, so wondered if that might be a better option - Anyone fly with that combination please?

Have noticed that the screen on an iPhone 7 is half as bright again as my iphone 5s
The iPhone 7 screen is brighter than the iPhone 5s screen. Perhaps you did not manually turn up the brightness to the max setting?

Hi All,
Recently purchased a Mavic Pro so that I can take it to more places than I can my Inspire. Usual drone issue is a decent display in the sun. Have thought about a CrystalSky, but concerned about people having issues with them. I use either an iPhone 5s or iPad 4 Mini. Have noticed that the screen on an iPhone 7 is half as bright again as my iphone 5s, so wondered if that might be a better option - Anyone fly with that combination please?
If I may suggest, you are thinking about the question wrong. Brightness doesn't matter, angle of reflection against a dark background is all you need, as discussed in this post:

Building a better screen sunshade using physics and reflection (and it's free).
Building a better screen sunshade using physics and reflection (and it's free).

Reactions: geevee
Many thanks for your suggestion - I'll try making one later. However it must be able to fit in a small rucksack.

Does this make the likes of the CrystalSky monitors a waste of time then please?

I use iPhone 7 with mine. Works good except for the screen is so tiny for flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929