DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Iphone or android

FearlessRobb

Reactions
So i have been watching alot of YouTube and alot of people having pronlems with the dji app crashing alot and there saying iphone works so much better with no crash.
So my question is if i was to get an i phone just for the controller do i need to have data or phone service or just a phone to use?

android 7 has all the problems 6 and under seem to be a lot better.

I had a S8, and had constant disconnects, switched to iPad, not one disconnect.

I have a s7 active the first 3 times I flew the app crashed twice. I got a i pad just for the mavic and have never had the app crash after months of flying. I wish this wasnt the case because i would love to just use my phone some times because its more portable.

I have a s7 active the first 3 times I flew the app crashed twice. I got a i pad just for the mavic and have never had the app crash after months of flying. I wish this wasnt the case because i would love to just use my phone some times because its more portable.
Did you guys need a service plan or just the phone itself?

I bought a wifi only i pad from the apple store its there smaller size I think 9.7 inch version. It works great I mount it to the controller with the mav mount. Its great having the big screen and I dont regret getting it. The only down side is its a little big and bulky on the controller and increases the stuff i have to bring to fly the mavic. Its usually not a big deal unless your trying to save space like pack it all in a backpack or some thing. It also makes the controller heavier so if you were standing up flying for a long time you might notice your hands getting a little tired. I usually sit and fly so I basically just have the controller with the I pad mounted to it sitting right in my lap. The mav mount also comes with a lanyard to put around your neck to off set some of the weight but I have not really used it much as I just sit down and plop the hole set up on my legs like you would with a labtop.

Ok i picked out the one i want
4d4cdcc0f4d23010e66e3209eb892c66.jpg

Jk lmao thanks ill have to look onto that. I was worried about the service plan if needed for the app to work and stuff

Lol.... there are few features that dont work with out a data plan but nothing thats a big deal to me. I think you cant change your take off location if you move while flying that doesnt bother me I don't see my self going jogging while flying my drone in the future.

I got the iPad Mini 4 Cellular/WiFi.. Do not use the cellular, but it's got the GPS.
I just use my existing phone(lots of data in my plan) as a WiFi hotspot for the iPad to connect to.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada