DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Iphone to IPad Mini Mavic Air 2- tips, advice?

HavingFun999

Reactions
I have been using an Iphone 6s with my MA2 since I got the MA2 about 3 months ago. I should be getting an IPad Mini 5 in the next day or two. I also ordered a longer cable and a mount.

Is there anything I need to be concerned about as I make the switch? Thinking of things like IMU re-calibrate, GPS calibration, etc?

Apologies is this has been answered somewhere else.

With your longer cable and the mount, I think you have it covered. I recently made a similar switch for my MA2--from iPhone 6s+ to iPad 7 gen. Absolutely painless transition. IMU and GPS calibration are stored internally on the drone, I suspect.

If you get the “right” type of mount, you won’t need longer cabl.

Thanks for the help and advice. The mount is a Skyreat . Not sure about the length of cable needed. I can return it if I don't need it.

Can you tell me which mount you have that uses the original 6" cable that came with the MA2 controller with an IPad Mini 5?

HF999.. I'm in the same boat as you going from an iphone 7 to a mini after Christmas hopefully.:rolleyes:
This is the mount recommended to me Mavic Air 2 - Tablet Extender (dronevalley.com) and it seems like there are quite a few similar units out there. I like the fact it puts the ipad in the same position as the phone is.

Reactions: NDWildBill
Thanks for the help and advice. The mount is a Skyreat . Not sure about the length of cable needed. I can return it if I don't need it.

Can you tell me which mount you have that uses the original 6" cable that came with the MA2 controller with an IPad Mini 5?
I'm using this tablet adapter with the ipad mini 4 and the cable that came with the RC works just fine.

You will need the longer cable.
I have both kinds of mount and I think you will like the mount that you did get.
It has Lanyard connection...... Nice.

I bought a Skyreat mount to use an 11“ iPad Pro with my MA2, but I returned it because the spring tension of the antenna tubes didn’t feel strong enough to secure the tablet and it presented an awkward form factor, balance, and an uncomfortable center of gravity. So while I was waiting for one of the 3D printed mounts, I “MacGyvered” THIS LITTLE HARNESS from scraps I found in my Junk Drawer. It’s still my preferred adapter when I want to switch from my 12 Pro Max to the iPad Pro. It takes up almost no room in my bag and takes three seconds to attach.

One from MissChrissy and one from RCGeek can use provided cable.
(I have one and use provided cable to connect RC to iPad mini.)

Last edited:
I bought a Skyreat mount to use an 11“ iPad Pro with my MA2, but I returned it because the spring tension of the antenna tubes didn’t feel strong enough to secure the tablet and it presented an awkward form factor, balance, and an uncomfortable center of gravity. So while I was waiting for one of the 3D printed mounts, I “MacGyvered” THIS LITTLE HARNESS from scraps I found in my Junk Drawer. It’s still my preferred adapter when I want to switch from my 12 Pro Max to the iPad Pro. It takes up almost no room in my bag and takes three seconds to attach.
I wouldn't have thought that tubing would be stiff enough to hold the top of the tablet. Eventually that tube will soften and open up.

Good concept though. I wonder if that can be adapted for Gamesir controller used for the Tello.

I have a mini 5 that is wifi only. I set my phone up as a hotspot, so when I'm out flying I still have access to the maps and communicate with DJI for an unlock if need be.

Reactions: eaglesurfing
Thanks for the thoughts everyone. I really perseverated about all the different mounts and decided I really wanted to try one with a lanyard. I figure that way if I need to reach out with one hand to work with the drone I can just drop the controller.

Anyone have experience of the with using a lanyard with this particular mount Skyreat?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonkyBroxy